2003 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Bought it used, but it still had zero problems!
By gpokhare on 12/09/14 07:48 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it w/ 120,000 KMs and as a rebuilt title. Amazingly fun car to drive in the summer, and is extremely reliable. In 2 years owning it, outside of having to change the brake pad and battery, I only had to come in to the shop for oil changes and tire changes. However, the car is not good for heavy winter driving. Because its RWD and fairly light, you have to be extremely careful when driving it in heavy snow roads as it tends to slide. The stock stereo is unbelievable. I tried a 2014 BMW this year, and the stereo on that didn't even match the 03 Lexus IS stereo. Also, this car's safety features protected me very well when I was t-boned by another car. I would highly recommend this car.

Home-Run
By 03is on 07/11/11 17:28 PM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ready? Love the car, but since I just recently bought it, I've had to do some work getting it up to par as the prior owner didn't take great care. However, it's a Lexus, so a blind monkey could drive it into a lake and it'd be better than anything on the road. A few cosmetic issues inside and out, and 90k service hadn't been done. When something breaks on this car, it's costly. But if you take care of it, it'll take care of you. I wish they had that mentality! That said, It's a joy to drive. Slightly heavy and a bit sluggish, but with 200+hp, you don't lack for power. Finding low-mileage units is just about impossible, and when you purchase yours, you'll see why.

Sold my IS 300 after Seven good years
By Aja1 on 07/27/10 11:11 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded in my '03 IS after seven years and 161,000 miles (purchased new). During my ownership, I never replaced a light bulb, only replaced the brakes once and the tires twice. The car was a joy to drive and I would have kept it for another 100,000 if I didn't need a bigger car for a growing family. I wish I liked the new IS series as much, but I thought the styling dropped off and the inline-6 was special.

IS 300 Superb!!!
By Carlos Dextre on 11/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I do love this machine.

AWESOME CAR! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!
By REDD on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

THE REVIEW OF IT SAYS IT ALL. THE ONLY DRAWBACK IS THE GAS MILEAGE.

Hot Godsend
By Editor on 09/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car not only turns heads, it keeps your head assured that it'll always be reliable with a furious performance.

best car for the money
By kobe on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

test drove A4 1.8, Acura TSX, and Acura TL Type-S and none of them were as fun to drive as the IS. At the time of purchase, the Type-S has 2.9 apr which was why it was in my price range, but it was too big for my taste and the styling was not aggressive enough. Although the Type-S is an excellent car, it didn't turn the heads like the IS.

Love this car so much, A++++++++++++++++
By Andriew on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling and performance. A++++ graded enginering, build quality, reliability and fun to drive.

Great Car
By advancing on 09/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A great car for the $$$. My car history started out with a small Toyota truck for 2 yrs., a '94 T-Bird for 3, I went through 2 VW Jetta's over the course of 6 yrs., and now have advanced to the SportDesign IS300. It is amazingly smooth, and hugs the road like a glove. The auto-shifting is seamless, comfortable seating, and superb sound system, comparable to JBL or Bose.

love this car
By cjl32 on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car is a major headturner. Lexus has the best service in the world. I test drove the G35, CL, TL, 325i and the IS300 was by far the best deal and best car. This car is so quiet that sometimes I forget its on!