Oooh la la!!
By paul on
2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I bought it new and still love it like crazy. After 150K miles, the leather looks great, the engine, tranny, and suspension feel better than the day I bought it, and I haven't had an unscheduled repair yet. All I have done, besides driving it like I stole it every day, is changed the fluids regularly, replaced several sets of brakes & tires, the clutch at 110K miles, and replaced the timing belt w/water pump at 100K miles. If this car ever gets stolen, I'm buying another one. It is the most fun car to drive that I have ever owned. And I've owned Supras, Camaros, Talon TSIs, a 911, a 280Z, a Celica All-trac Turbo, an SC 400 and a Suzuki Swift GT.
Favorite Features
Fantastic reliability, excellent 5 speed manual trans, comfortable ergonomics, Absolutely Red color, intuitive nav system, fantastic steering, unmistakable purr of inline 6 engine,
Suggested Improvements
Tire to fender gap could be smaller, shifter throws could be shorter, rear tires need to be wider, factory flywheel is too heavy, & exhaust is just too quiet. I've corrected all these minor issues using aftermarket suppliers and Lexus L-tuned parts.