2002 Lexus IS 300 Consumer Review: My happy car

2002 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Review

2002 Lexus IS 300

Base Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My happy car
By MCJ on

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it in CA as Certified Pre-Owned. I love the CPO warranty (3 years from purchase and up to 100K total vehicle miles), but haven't had to use it. Driving it never fails to bring a smile to my face. Now that it's in New England, it is much more rare to see another one, but that only makes it more of a head-turner. The car is small, but comfortable enough for a foursome to go golfing in. I drove it across country in 3 days full of cargo with no complaints. Other than a problem with the dealer fixing my seat heaters (they eventually replaced my seats for me), no unexpected maintenance. Love this car!

The brakes are great. It will stop on a dime if necessary. The stereo is awesome for stock. An absolute blast to drive. The back seats are surprisingly comfortable. Headlights nice and bright!

I wish the stereo had an AUX input for XM, iPod, etc. The stereo, while good, is difficult to upgrade. In most cases you need to upgrade the whole thing. Wish it could handle better in the New England snow.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review