2002 Lexus IS 300 Consumer Review: It's been over a year - no reg

2002 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Review

It's been over a year - no regrets
By joeyzasa on

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my 2002 IS300 for over a year now. I still love it. Sure, it's not the fastest of the bunch (still pretty quick) and has clear taillights (like every souped up civic out there). However, it makes up for it in so many ways. The car fits me like a glove. It's also nice to be one of only a few IS owners in my area vs the hoards of BMW owners. Overall, I have no regrets with my purchase. The only thing I might change would be to get a 5spd. But the e-shift provides a good compromise between performance and sitting in traffic.

Exterior styling (with exception of the taillights), handling, "fun to drive" factor.

Better gas mileage! I would expect at least 25mpg for a small sports sedan. My 4Runner got roughly the same mpg! Get rid of the clear tailights. Now everyone has them and they're anything BUT "hip." Up the horsepower to contend with others in this segment.