2002 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
OK
By Lexus Fan on 06/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Lexus. Es250, Ls400, and now this. Overall the car has been pretty good. Manual has smooth shifting. Gear shift gets a little hot in summer. Radio is adequate. I'm a little envious of the G35 coupe's styling and power. Other than squeeks and rattles....good car. NEEDS MORE POWER OR 6th gear! Maybe convertible?

Get The IS
By SirFreeze on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I test drove the A4, 330, Maxima, S2000, TT and even waited 6 weeks to test drive the G35. All the above had thier plus/minuses. I thought the IS offered the most complete package of power, styling, handling and value. Great car !!

Better Than People think
By shadowy1 on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Lexus and I'm hooked traded a 95 Volvo 850 turbo. The IS300 rocks, great power, handles like it's on rails. I looked at an Audi S4 and Acura TSX before getting the Lex, and I'm not sorry. People talk about the rear seat being small, SO I don't want a bunch of free loaders riding with me anyway. Just me and my lady riding with the tunes blasting. The dealer didn't look down their noses at you the way those Euro dealers do, bunch of snobs. Anyway back to the point. This car may not be for everyone but it's not your Daddy's Oldsmobile. Lexus may not have hit the bullseye but they came damn close.

Sportcross Hunting Brake
By Terralunatic on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the overall appearance, the scale of the car and the tail gate within which to throw all your stuff. The Sportcross is quite rare and still gets a lot of looks, especially with the summer 17s on. The E-Shift is ridiculous and I just ignore it now, however I would have loved to get a 5 speed manual but Toyota/Lexus doesn't offer it in the Sportcross. One irritation though is all the squeeks. I have eliminated most with shimming or lubrication, but the belt anchor still squeeks. Not quite Toyota quality.

Not quite a Lexus
By jpreski on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall the car is great with some issues I can't believe Lexus missed like usable storage and room, amenities like memory seat, more adjustable steering, and tire replacement difficulty. I have a BMW and they can get these items right. Great handling doesn't forgive these items since most people don't push the handling to the limit.

Fits like a glove
By Julie Gaines on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car hugs the road and fits your body like a glove. It is a lot of fun to drive.

Great Car with few Exceptions
By Vishal on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great car, but I have had a couple problems with it. No matter what the dealer tells you about rear wheel cars, don't believe it. I had a $13,000 front wheel drive car for 7 years. I lived in NJ, PA, IL, and SD (Yes, South Dakota). I lived in rain, snow, sleet, and ice. Out of the 7 years, I never got in an accident and never get stuck. I then traded it for a $33,000 rear wheel Lexus last year. Since I have had this rear wheel drive car, I have fishtailed a dozen times, got stuck in the snow 3 times, and yesterday (the cherry on top of the sundae) slid off the road into a telephone poll.

It's a great car but not a 3 Series
By SantiB on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This has been a fun car to drive. Very reliable and solid.

My IS300
By dfitzsim on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great car. Especially when you consider that the direct competition (BMW 330i) is several thousand more for a comparably equipped model. Highly recommended. I purchased the vehicle at JM Lexus in Margate, FL and wouldn't hesitate to buy there again. Their professionalism was second to none.

I love my Car
By IS300owner on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It was the handling that sold me on this car.