2002 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Not an SUV
By EDOman on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for 14 months. It still attracts attention here in Los Angeles and is alot of fun to drive. Tested it in rural New Mexico where it handled very well on a straight stretch of open road at 130 mph. The car apparently was not designed for sport conditions as I have beat the hell out of the front dam on curbs and crossing intersections in the city and the 'cute' low profile tires do not hold up to either urban or cross country conditions. Why call it a sportscross if you can't drive it that way without the tires falling apart!!!!

Good Car
By ste on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car, handling is super, and it very fun to drive and always great to look at. However, even family cars like Altima and Accord already have 240hp, Lexus should give some more horsepower to the next generation IS(around 260-280 would be good enough)... Performance aside, this car is very reliable, I had this car for more than two years and no find problem at all..

Great, Fun, good re-sale and RELIABILITY
By joekkl on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like it alot. ZERO problem with the car so far. Only a light bulb is replaced. Other than that, regular 5k maintenance is all I did. Great handling, great acceleration, very comfortable interior. Quiet for a sport car. Overall, a better car than Acura CL-S, 350Z, Audi A4 and C240. No regret buying the IS-300.

Great buy
By NickD on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great buy, with recent incentives.

A real SportCross owner!
By Weber on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our SportCross is our 1st Lexus and most definately will not be our last! The transmission shifts like silk and the handling is superb and sharp. The other so-called SportCross owners above are most assurredly bogus and probably will never experience Lexus quality and dependability. We love Our Lexus IS300 SportCross! P.S For the owner above who wanted to disable their vehicle skid control just push the TSC button on the dash.

Great car
By Wolve91 on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car, I traded in my 2000 Corvette for this little machine. In outhandles the vette, less acceleration but more fun to drive, heads turn just as much as in the vette

Excellent car
By UncleNick on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent car, typical Toyota build quality, A-1!!! Fun to drive, very comfortable. Bulletproof drivetrain from the 2JZ-GE motor(from Supara's past) super reliable.

Our 2002 Lexus Sportcross
By WFLaidlaw on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ours is full of add-ons to include navigation, leather, heated seats, etc, but the most appreciated add-ons are the Limited-Slip Differential coupled with Vehicle Skid Control. Cornering is uncanny and with superior braking makes a very competitive vehicle. Service is poor locally, so we drive 2 1/2 hours one way to the Charleston dealership. It is of the same quality as the car.

Awesome car for the price...
By LXS on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car handles extremly well. I opted for 16" tires since I live in an area that gets snow anually. The ride on 16"s is very nice, 17" tires may give you a slightly bumpier ride but the car will really stick to the ground. It is a very quick car. About 7 seconds 0 to 60. I hate SUV's and many SUV drivers have tried to race me but they have all failed everytime. The car is even fast from 0 to 80. The car continues to excellerate fast at 50 and 60 mph. This is a great car for passing those annoying SUV's and Vans on the highways. The interior is awesome. The airconditioner is very cold and does not take away any power from the engine.

IS 300
By jgoodyear on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owend this car for 10 months, and has been a great car. The I6 is very smooth. Nice power is based on the Toyota Supra 2JZ-GE motor. The 5sp Manual has nice concise shifts. Feels solid. The Manual is almost .5 of a second faster than the Auto, It also has a stiffer suspension.