2002 Lexus IS 300 Consumer Reviews 16

2002 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Can't, CAN NOT, ask for ANYTHING more!
By David1575 on 03/14/02 20:34 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This has to be the BEST car i have ever gotten into(and bought) that is under 45K! I Swear! How in the hell did they price it at 31k! witht he nav system and Graphire polished wheels, which i personly love better then crome, are just done beautifaly. there's only one low point...EVERYONE has one now, lol, but that says something...Its the best!

MY VIEW ON IS300
By Glenn Sussman on 03/13/02 13:08 PM (PST)

EXCELLANT CAR, WELL EXECUTED INSIDE AND OUT

Love my IS
By livetracker on 03/10/02 00:53 AM (PST)

N/A

Nice car
By billy on 03/08/02 04:10 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

so far, I've raced with a M3(98 or 97 model) a few other BMWs, some modified rice car, and guess what, with the superior handling and cornering that this car can do, I beat them all! enough said!

Not Quite
By McClenahan on 03/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Automatic transmission is slow to respond, jerky, and is often slow to shift when starting from a stop. Understeer and an over-active traction control never allow any rear-wheel drive fun. Seats are unconfortable (to me.) Lots of wind noise. Poor gas mileage. Occassional squeaks/rattles. Interior materials feel/look cheap.

is 300 l-tuned
By richie on 03/05/02 11:07 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

i fell in love with my silver is300 the moment i saw it.the l-tuned package to me makes all the difference in the appearance of the car.great fun to drive,ample power,excellent build quality.

Affordable Performance and Style
By fob2000 on 03/04/02 14:16 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am extremely happy w/ my IS300 This car has the soul of a tiger. The handling is outstanding, and performance is great, but the styling is what I really love. Granted, the styling is "not your father's Lexus", but it is very nice indeed. For thousands of dollars less than its main competitors, you get alot of bang for your buck. This, of course, is not a perfect car. The gas mileage is less than average (expect about 18-20 mpg), and the trunk space is extremely lacking.

Quick Silver!
By CPN on 03/03/02 22:30 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I LOVE this car! Bought it back in august of '01, put about 3k miles on her since then. The ride is smooth, the seats fit your body wonderfully. Tight handling. Beauty of an engine, quite when you cruise and absolutely PURRs when you give it the gas. Sound system is solid. Sunroof is a MUST on this car, no exceptions. Heater works very well in the cold.

What's a Bimmer?
By April B on 03/03/02 13:29 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I think this car is at the top of the sport sedan list!

Just needs a supercharger
By Bertrand on 03/02/02 14:46 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I own a 99 BMW 328i manual and a 2001 IS 300 sedan; here is my take on the two cars. Lexus has better performance all around except for acceleration. Brakes and handling are amazing on the IS and the build quality has been very good. Dealer experience with JM Lexus of Florida has been the best part of owning this car! Bottom line, give this Lexus a manual and a TRD supercharger and it will compete with an M3 on the performance front while costing 10K less after the supercharger.