Used 2002 Lexus IS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus Is-300 - Consumer Reviews

2002 Lexus IS 300

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

a great deal for the price
By mmkm

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've driven the Mercedes M-class and S-class and the new 7-series BMW at home but these cars don't make me feel the IS any worst. It has a great look and excellent performance in an affordable price. The navigation system is much better than the mercedes' and BMW's. However, the only bad thing is the small trunk space and uncomfortable back seats.

Favorite Features

navigation system, cool wheels, exterior, in-dash cd player

Suggested Improvements

larger interior room, better seats, larger trunk space

Is300
By Big Blur

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my IS300 for about a year. There seems to be a problem with steering the car on wet roads and uneven surfices. In fact at times I'm even afraid t drive it. Also you cn smell the exhust of the car in front of you while waiting at lights.I don't recommend th car to new drivers. Good luck

Awsome
By NOS2006

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

hey. my dad has an is300 that is fully loaded and bright yellow. i love it because no matter where you go when you stop at a stop light people stare at it. awsome car, great interior and exterior design, great interior features, perfect sedan (for lexus and most other companys). best stereo i have ever heard! p.s. i heard that lexus is bringing out a new is called the is370 i believe. it is supposed to be basically the same with about 345 hp.

Favorite Features

GPS, stereo kicks all butt!!, nice power and torque, very comfy seats, easy to ride in for long trips.

Suggested Improvements

more hp and torque, lower profile tires, nicer wheels, coupe.

Awsome
By nos2006

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

more hp and torque, lower profile tires, nicer wheels, coupe.

Stick-Shift Lexus IS300
By habersk

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am thrilled with the car. I researched for a year before my purchase and am still happy with my decision. I was very dissatisfied with my experience at the Dealer however. There weren't alot of stick-shifts around my area and they used it to their advantage. In addition, I was displeased to learn that Lexus dealers use the same shady bargaining tactics as other lower end dealers. They used deceiving tactics such as changing around the numbers to try to confuse me and purposely miscalculating things. I am an engineer and didn't fall for the tricks as easily as someone less experienced in math could have, but it was pretty disappointing either way.

Favorite Features

I like the dashboard arrangement and all the chrome in the interior. Also the leather-escaine trim is a nice alternative to either leather or cloth.

Suggested Improvements

5th gear could be geared a little higher.