2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Wow what a car!!!
By Jeff Meyer on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The IS300 is fun to drive with great handling and braking. The engine needs a little more pep to it but overall well worth ever penny.

IS 300
By Johathan on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! I had to replace my last BMW 328i and with the reviews of seen of the IS 300, I just had to buy it. I love the handling of this car. Its a great combination of style, performance and luxury! I would not hesitate to buy it again. Sporty RWD and double wishbone suspension makes handling great, nice torquey 3.0L I6 engine makes for perfect balance and smoothness, luxurious interior that comes along with plethora of options and comfort, exterior styling very rich and lively.

The right car for me
By feendog on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I looked long and hard for a car. thought about the acura rsx - was too small. thought about a bmw - i'm sick of bmw's, so i decided on the lexus is. i like it alot. it's a pleasure on the highway. only complaint - it's a bit of a gas guzzler, and the rear seats don't fold down, make storage small. but i'd buy/lease it again if i had to do it over...

lexus is
By shortie on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

this car is awsome

NICE CAR
By ACKEA on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

WHAT A GREAT CAR

owner for almost a year
By Kunal Kirpekar on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is everything what I expected but, too many recalls and there is a noise coming from the front suspension that is very annoying will mention the in my 15k service!

2001 IS300
By Mike Marshall on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent value for the money. Transmission electronics and shifter design need improvement. 5-speed manual should be offered on the SportCross. Cheaper IS200 should be brought here from overseas market.

This is the enthusiast's pick
By MattinCali on 03/15/02 00:38 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

For 2002, Lexus offers a 5-speed manual option to the IS300 model. I jumped at the opportunity to drive one, and I was sold in a heartbeat. The firmer suspension tuning on this model as well as the crisp shifting action of the manual truly make this the enthusiast's choice for a great sport sedan. I opted for the leather/ecsaine interior trim package, which really helps keep you in place while making turns. The seats themselves are top-notch to begin with, even for tall drivers (I'm 6'02"). The acceleration is just as smooth as the braking and cornering. The auto-leveling standard xenon headlamps are a nice touch too.

Can't, CAN NOT, ask for ANYTHING more!
By David1575 on 03/14/02 20:34 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This has to be the BEST car i have ever gotten into(and bought) that is under 45K! I Swear! How in the hell did they price it at 31k! witht he nav system and Graphire polished wheels, which i personly love better then crome, are just done beautifaly. there's only one low point...EVERYONE has one now, lol, but that says something...Its the best!

MY VIEW ON IS300
By Glenn Sussman on 03/13/02 13:08 PM (PST)

EXCELLANT CAR, WELL EXECUTED INSIDE AND OUT