Used 2002 Lexus IS 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus Is-300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

Awesome car for the price...
By LXS

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car handles extremly well. I opted for 16" tires since I live in an area that gets snow anually. The ride on 16"s is very nice, 17" tires may give you a slightly bumpier ride but the car will really stick to the ground. It is a very quick car. About 7 seconds 0 to 60. I hate SUV's and many SUV drivers have tried to race me but they have all failed everytime. The car is even fast from 0 to 80. The car continues to excellerate fast at 50 and 60 mph. This is a great car for passing those annoying SUV's and Vans on the highways. The interior is awesome. The airconditioner is very cold and does not take away any power from the engine.

Favorite Features

The transmission shifts very smoothly. The car is very quite and handles awesomely at high speeds.

Suggested Improvements

The engine is very powerful but I would like to see more horsepower something around 290 or so. Besides that I wouldn't change a thing. It's a great car for a very good price.

IS 300
By jgoodyear

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owend this car for 10 months, and has been a great car. The I6 is very smooth. Nice power is based on the Toyota Supra 2JZ-GE motor. The 5sp Manual has nice concise shifts. Feels solid. The Manual is almost .5 of a second faster than the Auto, It also has a stiffer suspension.

Favorite Features

Seats are very comfortable, I purchased this and drove it 12 hours home. I never felt tired or uncomfortable. The car is quite, very low wind noise. Styling is nice I feel it has good accents. Steering is quick and car feels agile.

Suggested Improvements

More Power, about 275 would be nice. I have installed a TRD high flow air filter. This give a quicker throttle response. I have also replaced the exhaust with a HKS Drager II. Nice power gains, and sound. These upgrades make a noticeable difference in performance.

Next Generation Lexus.
By dirtymartini

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It has amazing handling and feels much more nimble than other cars in its class. The factory stereo is the best I've heard and crushes any of the German cars. The aluminum drilled pedals, the chronometer display and the suade side panels get more attention then any wood trim. Also the exterior catches the eye of everyone around. It has a very long wheelbase with respect to its length which makes it look even faster than it is. It isn't nearly as common as a BMW or Audi. Lastly, Lexus makes the most reliable cars in the world. This is no exception. Fuel efficiency - This is a sports car. If you want an economy car buy a Civic.

Favorite Features

Paddle shifters, stereo, 17" wheels, full leather seats, handling, inline 6, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats, possibly an IS430, less brake dust

OK
By Lexus Fan

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Lexus. Es250, Ls400, and now this. Overall the car has been pretty good. Manual has smooth shifting. Gear shift gets a little hot in summer. Radio is adequate. I'm a little envious of the G35 coupe's styling and power. Other than squeeks and rattles....good car. NEEDS MORE POWER OR 6th gear! Maybe convertible?

Favorite Features

Interior design, Escaine seats

Suggested Improvements

Gas Mileage!, squeeks and rattles, memory seats!, improve the front paint (lots of chips), MORE POWER!!!!!!

Get The IS
By SirFreeze

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I test drove the A4, 330, Maxima, S2000, TT and even waited 6 weeks to test drive the G35. All the above had thier plus/minuses. I thought the IS offered the most complete package of power, styling, handling and value. Great car !!

Favorite Features

Nice styling. I felt the interior and handling is what put the IS ahead of the other cars.

Suggested Improvements

More power !! Car is probably better with a manual (bought the E-Shift so my girlfriend could drive it). More power would be nice.