2002 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
IS300 SportCross Experience
By Habu55 on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 6 months I have been pleased with the purchase. Ride quality is very good, seats comfortable and supportive, transmission smooth and easy to use in the Sportshift mode. I like the Ecsaine fabric because it warms up quickly and keeps me from sliding in the seat. The car is quiet, the sound system very good and the 6 disc changer in the dash is handy. I average 22 to 23 mpg on premium fuel in town driving). I have yet to observe highway mileage. The interior space is well designed for hauling cargo when necessary. The car remains tight and rattle free as I approach 4k miles.

chrono
By graphite on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is really sporty looking but it fails to deliver in terms of straight line speed. Even when I floor it, it seems to hesitate. An increase in torque would be called for.

Best in class
By Tukkus on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Im 36 and not small by any means. I thought the IS300 was for younger folk. Then I went for a test drive. Its lagrer inside than the Volvo, BMW, and Audi. Its also funner, faster and a blast to drive. The sound system is is better than my home theater system. I have had the car for over a month now and have zero complaints. I live in a area with too much traffic, and the IS300 lets me zip through it when I can. Its also nice when you can blow past a Mustang GT, and get better miledge while doing it.

IS 300
By leadfoot on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is an awesome thing to drive...haven't had this much fun for a while. Although I genuinely cannot stand the material used for the interior, I think the performance more than made up for it. More linear acceleration would be nice though.

great fun car but not a BMW
By hog4oc on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had this car for 1 week, my wife and I love driving it, we also own BMW 5 series, it is definitly not a BMW, but different kind of fun car to drive around. It is a good experience for us, much better than any Toyota cars around.

A Miss
By Off the mark on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Give this one a miss. Can't hold a candle to the new Infiniti G35, Acura TL etc..

Wonderful Car
By KTM on 04/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Two weeks in and I love this car. I traded in my BMW 323i for this and have no regrets! This has more room, horsepower, and smooter ride. I love hatch-backs...owned a Saab at one time...good car--but not even close to Lexus in any aspect.

won't tolerate bumps
By daubach on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

where I live, roads are bad, i've bent 1 rim from a pothole, wheels wear out very quickly, car dynamics are excellent

IS
By stacio on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

for those that like tacky sporty looks will definitely find this ride very appealing and nice

IS 300
By emanski on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

what would you say to a 30k car that needs a manual prop for the hood and drives like a honda?