2002 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Excellent balance of perf. and luxury
By Brians01 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Even after a brief period of ownership, I am very happy with the car. Handling and brakes are excellent, I6 is very strong, and the vehicle is full of features. My previous vehicle was an Audi TT Quattro, and the only thing I really miss is the AWD. However, I love the RWD dynamics and the excellent Torsen differential in the IS.

motor city is300 5speed
By Chris300 on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

2,000 miles later I am happy I picked the IS300 over the BMW 330i. Even after the $2200 chrome wheel option, I saved almost $3k versus the BMW and the car has received more attention than it's popular counterpart. Potholes in the Motor City are plentiful, but the stiff ride is confident and composed. I'm 6' 4'' and have ample headroom even with the moonroof option. Strong braking and acceleration compare favorably to the BMW but the shift gate can be a bit tight at full throttle. Nonetheless, this car is a pleasure to own.

better than any 3 eries or audi out ther
By flipstar on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

my boy has the 330c1 and the ride was so rough i needed two pain killers when i get out of the car. the audi A4S is blindingly fast with with no control on the road.Lexus IS 300 gives you a balance of all superb handiling, great acceleration , and a decent ride.

I'm satisfied
By bigtoot on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I test drove the IS and the 3-series BMW. The IS was crisper handling, but the BMW seemed to do the "little things" better, particularly quality of materials. But by the time you got them comparably equipped, the BMW was $4-5000 more expensive. While I think that the BMW is slightly better, it's just not $5000 better! I've been driving the IS since last August and even now I still haven't found any annoying flaws. Count me satisfied.

Great car all around
By Amski on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Definitely an excellent car. Fun, quite fast. Handling is crisp and predictable; ride is smooth. Much better car than competition in the same class. The only thing it could use is a little bit more power.

Awesome Car
By IS300NYC on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is hot. I love it, and would not trade it for any other car in its class. I test drove both the 3.2tl and g35 as well as the 328i. This car has no comparision to any of these.

bread and butter of sport sedans
By NOLA on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got rid of my VW Jetta GLX and got this. No more ridiculously expensive parts -- this is Japanese reliability and price with German performance. Who can beat that???

LOVE IT ON PURPOSE
By uraboob on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car because of racey styling,Not in spite of it! Superb Toyota reliability and quality Tight and quick. I smile every time I wind up that smooth inline 6.

IS300 SportCross Experience
By Habu55 on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After 6 months I have been pleased with the purchase. Ride quality is very good, seats comfortable and supportive, transmission smooth and easy to use in the Sportshift mode. I like the Ecsaine fabric because it warms up quickly and keeps me from sliding in the seat. The car is quiet, the sound system very good and the 6 disc changer in the dash is handy. I average 22 to 23 mpg on premium fuel in town driving). I have yet to observe highway mileage. The interior space is well designed for hauling cargo when necessary. The car remains tight and rattle free as I approach 4k miles.

Best in class
By Tukkus on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Im 36 and not small by any means. I thought the IS300 was for younger folk. Then I went for a test drive. Its lagrer inside than the Volvo, BMW, and Audi. Its also funner, faster and a blast to drive. The sound system is is better than my home theater system. I have had the car for over a month now and have zero complaints. I live in a area with too much traffic, and the IS300 lets me zip through it when I can. Its also nice when you can blow past a Mustang GT, and get better miledge while doing it.