2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
I'm satisfied
By bigtoot on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I test drove the IS and the 3-series BMW. The IS was crisper handling, but the BMW seemed to do the "little things" better, particularly quality of materials. But by the time you got them comparably equipped, the BMW was $4-5000 more expensive. While I think that the BMW is slightly better, it's just not $5000 better! I've been driving the IS since last August and even now I still haven't found any annoying flaws. Count me satisfied.

Great car all around
By Amski on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Definitely an excellent car. Fun, quite fast. Handling is crisp and predictable; ride is smooth. Much better car than competition in the same class. The only thing it could use is a little bit more power.

Awesome Car
By IS300NYC on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is hot. I love it, and would not trade it for any other car in its class. I test drove both the 3.2tl and g35 as well as the 328i. This car has no comparision to any of these.

bread and butter of sport sedans
By NOLA on 05/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got rid of my VW Jetta GLX and got this. No more ridiculously expensive parts -- this is Japanese reliability and price with German performance. Who can beat that???

LOVE IT ON PURPOSE
By uraboob on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car because of racey styling,Not in spite of it! Superb Toyota reliability and quality Tight and quick. I smile every time I wind up that smooth inline 6.

Best in class
By Tukkus on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Im 36 and not small by any means. I thought the IS300 was for younger folk. Then I went for a test drive. Its lagrer inside than the Volvo, BMW, and Audi. Its also funner, faster and a blast to drive. The sound system is is better than my home theater system. I have had the car for over a month now and have zero complaints. I live in a area with too much traffic, and the IS300 lets me zip through it when I can. Its also nice when you can blow past a Mustang GT, and get better miledge while doing it.

chrono
By graphite on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is really sporty looking but it fails to deliver in terms of straight line speed. Even when I floor it, it seems to hesitate. An increase in torque would be called for.

IS 300
By leadfoot on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is an awesome thing to drive...haven't had this much fun for a while. Although I genuinely cannot stand the material used for the interior, I think the performance more than made up for it. More linear acceleration would be nice though.

A Miss
By Off the mark on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Give this one a miss. Can't hold a candle to the new Infiniti G35, Acura TL etc..

IS 300
By rijofla on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

reliability is a plus, i am not too much sold on the looks but it is alright