Used 2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

Great, Fun, good re-sale and RELIABILITY
By joekkl

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like it alot. ZERO problem with the car so far. Only a light bulb is replaced. Other than that, regular 5k maintenance is all I did. Great handling, great acceleration, very comfortable interior. Quiet for a sport car. Overall, a better car than Acura CL-S, 350Z, Audi A4 and C240. No regret buying the IS-300.

Great dealership service. Extremely reliable car. Well built overall. Maintain good resale value. Cool to look at. The air-cond is so very cold..... (a good thing when you live in San Diego like I do)

- More horsepowers - Better fuel economy -

Great buy
By NickD

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great buy, with recent incentives.

Handling, interior build quality.

Slightly bigger engine, improved gas mileage.

Great car
By Wolve91

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car, I traded in my 2000 Corvette for this little machine. In outhandles the vette, less acceleration but more fun to drive, heads turn just as much as in the vette

Excellent car
By UncleNick

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent car, typical Toyota build quality, A-1!!! Fun to drive, very comfortable. Bulletproof drivetrain from the 2JZ-GE motor(from Supara's past) super reliable.

handling superb

A little more power would make this an awsome car, I have added a SRT cold air intake and a HKS Dragger cat back exhaust and car is almost perfect!

Awesome car for the price...
By LXS

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car handles extremly well. I opted for 16" tires since I live in an area that gets snow anually. The ride on 16"s is very nice, 17" tires may give you a slightly bumpier ride but the car will really stick to the ground. It is a very quick car. About 7 seconds 0 to 60. I hate SUV's and many SUV drivers have tried to race me but they have all failed everytime. The car is even fast from 0 to 80. The car continues to excellerate fast at 50 and 60 mph. This is a great car for passing those annoying SUV's and Vans on the highways. The interior is awesome. The airconditioner is very cold and does not take away any power from the engine.

The transmission shifts very smoothly. The car is very quite and handles awesomely at high speeds.

The engine is very powerful but I would like to see more horsepower something around 290 or so. Besides that I wouldn't change a thing. It's a great car for a very good price.