2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
lexus is300
By obaid on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

awesome car really great, reliable, dependable, fast, easy, car...verrrry fun!

Impressive Sport Sedan from Lexus!
By dave1122 on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After owning a BMW 323i and having to stay in that same price range, i decided not to go for the 325i and pay an extra 3000 for a 14 hp improvement over the 323. I test drove the lexus and fell in love with it. Very comfortable, handles great, engine is nice (would have like a few more horses), but overall, an EXCELLENT sport sedan for the price. Oh, and did I mention, it is sooo fun to drive.

still fun to drive after 1 year
By JBD on 07/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

15000 miles and one year later, I still enjoy driving this car. That is a first for me. Considered BMW and I glad I got this instead. Great handling, quick, just fun. Now, how about a convertible version??

Best Car I've Ever Owned!
By jabberwock on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

For those of you who say this car drives like a Honda you cannot drive. My last car was an Accord and although it was a good car, it was nothing like my new Lexus. Incredible handling and comfort, and I LOVE having a car that was made in limited numbers that I don't see 75 of every day.

I love my CAR!
By snowwhite612 on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive. And it looks as good as it drives. I can't go a day without taking it for a spin. Try it, you'll like it!

IS300 - best in class
By houstonlex on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been excellent. It has terrific reliability, superb handling, plenty of power and is extremely fun to drive. The transmision is excellent and is matched well with a smooth powerful inline 6 engine

sweet car
By jc2436 on 06/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

drives unbelievably, very responsive and quick, wish i had got the 5 speed though

Excellent balance of perf. and luxury
By Brians01 on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Even after a brief period of ownership, I am very happy with the car. Handling and brakes are excellent, I6 is very strong, and the vehicle is full of features. My previous vehicle was an Audi TT Quattro, and the only thing I really miss is the AWD. However, I love the RWD dynamics and the excellent Torsen differential in the IS.

motor city is300 5speed
By Chris300 on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

2,000 miles later I am happy I picked the IS300 over the BMW 330i. Even after the $2200 chrome wheel option, I saved almost $3k versus the BMW and the car has received more attention than it's popular counterpart. Potholes in the Motor City are plentiful, but the stiff ride is confident and composed. I'm 6' 4'' and have ample headroom even with the moonroof option. Strong braking and acceleration compare favorably to the BMW but the shift gate can be a bit tight at full throttle. Nonetheless, this car is a pleasure to own.

better than any 3 eries or audi out ther
By flipstar on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

my boy has the 330c1 and the ride was so rough i needed two pain killers when i get out of the car. the audi A4S is blindingly fast with with no control on the road.Lexus IS 300 gives you a balance of all superb handiling, great acceleration , and a decent ride.