Used 2002 Lexus IS 300 SportCross Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lexus Is-300 - Consumer Reviews

SportCross 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )

Eye Candy!!
By erik

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

SportCross is a head turner and as well as roomy! Fast, super smooth, super reliable, (had an A4 before and everything broke at 50K, this has 82K and tires, oil are that have changed). I hate when people complain about gas mileage.You knew what the gas mileage was when you bought it! I have gotten over 20 in city and 30 on highway.

Favorite Features

Stereo, manual shift/automatic option, auto dimming mirrors, headlights that move.

What I Expected
By Carolina Rocket

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Car is exactly what I expected except the gas consumption. Tried to save money by using mid grade instead of the premium required. Have gone back to premium and expect mileage to improve. Sound system is fantastic. Steering is equal to the S2000. Room in the rear is much better than expected.

Favorite Features

Looks, Sound system, Different. Its a Lexus = reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

great car but...
By steveNsc

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and the only costs besides normal maintenance was a recent change of the oxygen sensor, 299.00. During warranty period I have had problems with front suspension creaking. Dealer could not correct it so I have learned to live with it.

Favorite Features

quality of interior. style

Suggested Improvements

wearing out of front tires prematurely and creaking front end.

I love my Sportcross
By Bob-1885

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. I have had it for 4 months and have not seen a single one like it, there are other is300's out there but no wagons. Very few can say they have such a unique and head- turning car. Handling is very nible. The car is so responsive that you don't feel like you are driving this car so much as mentally willing it to move. It makes my daily commute enjoyable and everyone I know likes it. It is fast. I topped it out at 137, it would have gone faster if it did not have 500lb in cargo at the time. It has lots of low end power. VROOM!!! The e-shift is *fun* and useful, especially for sudden bursts of speed when passing. Fuel economy is mediocre.

Favorite Features

Speed, perfect leather seats, E-shift, SUV-like amount of cargo space, lots of smaller storage compartments, asmooth ride that is still connected to the road, quality Lexus build and luxury features throughout, plenty of space in the back seat for two big adults.

Suggested Improvements

I'd like multiple drivers seat memory and a bigger armrest in the front.The low setting on the AC is still very strong, I wish there were a "very low." I have almost no complaints, whenever I walk back back to parking lot I feel proud I drive such a beautiful and powerful car.

my sportcross
By jlim

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall great driving experience, handles well with plenty of acceleration when you need it. Quality throughout, with great sport suspension albeit on the firm side. Quite ride on the highways, minimal tire/wind noise, and nice throaty exhaust only during quick 0-60mph gas pedal action.

Favorite Features

Minimal upkeep for a wonderful high gloss finish and nice room for 4 or less, and still space for some luggage.

Suggested Improvements

Race designed suspension will/can increase tire wear even under normal around town driving.