2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

SportCross 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
Eye Candy!!
By erik on 03/05/08 21:21 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

SportCross is a head turner and as well as roomy! Fast, super smooth, super reliable, (had an A4 before and everything broke at 50K, this has 82K and tires, oil are that have changed). I hate when people complain about gas mileage.You knew what the gas mileage was when you bought it! I have gotten over 20 in city and 30 on highway.

What I Expected
By Carolina Rocket on 02/07/06 12:08 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Car is exactly what I expected except the gas consumption. Tried to save money by using mid grade instead of the premium required. Have gone back to premium and expect mileage to improve. Sound system is fantastic. Steering is equal to the S2000. Room in the rear is much better than expected.

great car but...
By steveNsc on 11/20/05 21:31 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car new and the only costs besides normal maintenance was a recent change of the oxygen sensor, 299.00. During warranty period I have had problems with front suspension creaking. Dealer could not correct it so I have learned to live with it.

I love my Sportcross
By Bob-1885 on 09/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. I have had it for 4 months and have not seen a single one like it, there are other is300's out there but no wagons. Very few can say they have such a unique and head- turning car. Handling is very nible. The car is so responsive that you don't feel like you are driving this car so much as mentally willing it to move. It makes my daily commute enjoyable and everyone I know likes it. It is fast. I topped it out at 137, it would have gone faster if it did not have 500lb in cargo at the time. It has lots of low end power. VROOM!!! The e-shift is *fun* and useful, especially for sudden bursts of speed when passing. Fuel economy is mediocre.

my sportcross
By jlim on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall great driving experience, handles well with plenty of acceleration when you need it. Quality throughout, with great sport suspension albeit on the firm side. Quite ride on the highways, minimal tire/wind noise, and nice throaty exhaust only during quick 0-60mph gas pedal action.

Not an SUV
By EDOman on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for 14 months. It still attracts attention here in Los Angeles and is alot of fun to drive. Tested it in rural New Mexico where it handled very well on a straight stretch of open road at 130 mph. The car apparently was not designed for sport conditions as I have beat the hell out of the front dam on curbs and crossing intersections in the city and the 'cute' low profile tires do not hold up to either urban or cross country conditions. Why call it a sportscross if you can't drive it that way without the tires falling apart!!!!

A real SportCross owner!
By Weber on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Our SportCross is our 1st Lexus and most definately will not be our last! The transmission shifts like silk and the handling is superb and sharp. The other so-called SportCross owners above are most assurredly bogus and probably will never experience Lexus quality and dependability. We love Our Lexus IS300 SportCross! P.S For the owner above who wanted to disable their vehicle skid control just push the TSC button on the dash.

Our 2002 Lexus Sportcross
By WFLaidlaw on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ours is full of add-ons to include navigation, leather, heated seats, etc, but the most appreciated add-ons are the Limited-Slip Differential coupled with Vehicle Skid Control. Cornering is uncanny and with superior braking makes a very competitive vehicle. Service is poor locally, so we drive 2 1/2 hours one way to the Charleston dealership. It is of the same quality as the car.

Sportcross Hunting Brake
By Terralunatic on 04/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I like the overall appearance, the scale of the car and the tail gate within which to throw all your stuff. The Sportcross is quite rare and still gets a lot of looks, especially with the summer 17s on. The E-Shift is ridiculous and I just ignore it now, however I would have loved to get a 5 speed manual but Toyota/Lexus doesn't offer it in the Sportcross. One irritation though is all the squeeks. I have eliminated most with shimming or lubrication, but the belt anchor still squeeks. Not quite Toyota quality.

Should have kept my Audi
By StikW/AUDI on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Wagon SportCross 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If all cars drove as poorly as mine we'd all take public transportation. The dealership, when they can be bothered to return my calls, tells me its normal for a Lexus to have an extreme amount of vibration in the steeringwheel, even on the smoothest roads you can find in southern California.