2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:
Second IS300
By cubsfanct on 04/08/14 10:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second IS300. I have owned 63 cars in my life (I am 33 and get bored easily). I have owned 12 BMW's and thought myself to be a lifelong BMW addict. The IS300 changed all that. The styling, the responsiveness and dependability won me over. I have never had an issue with either IS300 I have owned. They are the only cars I have kept longer than three months. My current one I am tastefully modifying. Owning a GS300 in between the IS300's I am now a Lexus (2JZ) convert. All around service all my have-to-haves. Sportiness, Luxury, Speed and Dependable. The IS300 is truly the complete package.

Excellent Vehicle
By jtork2 on 11/06/13 16:29 PM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was lucky enough to purchase my 2002 Lexus IS300 as my first car with my own money my junior year in high school. Car had 120k miles on it and I'm now in college and I've put almost 23k more on it because I just can't resist driving it. Smooth ride, smooth shifting, comfortable seating, love the alcantara! Drilled aluminum pedals are a nice touch. I actually get about 25 mpg when i drive long highway distances at 75 mph, but average right at about 23 mpg on a normal fill-up. Few complaints about this car. I have only had to take it in to the shop for regular maintenance (oil changes, new tires, etc..) Could not recommend this car enough.

Buyer's Remorse Gone Sweet!
By mead300 on 07/10/12 09:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car almost a month ago and was ripped off by a flipper who committed odometer fraud. After kicking myself in the butt for falling for it, I realized this is one amazing car. Great handling, lots of power, stylish, A REAL HEAD TURNER! I estimated it to be at about 171,000 miles at the moment but you could never tell because it still hauls better than my 05' Accord with 115K miles. Very comfortable. Can't wait to take a road trip in it. Stylish as it comes but the aftermarket parts are all over if you feel the need. I am putting on a K&N cold air intake to hear that engine purr nicer. Already has a nice soft roar. I plan to keep this car until it dies!

Everything and More
By dpant00 on 03/18/12 09:31 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it new. It now has 110k hard driven miles. Never had an issue. The Eshift is awesome, I use it almost always. When it's in normal automatic, the shifts are super quick and clean- great for getting off fast and even. Interior is sweet with chrome details and comfortable leather. If I'm really nitpicking, the trunk is small, but it has a cool pass-through feature into the backseat that helps. I've never had a car this long, but I just can't bring myself to sell it because I feel that the value for this car is unsurpassed. Very satisfied, I highly recommend this car even if its used with alot of miles. I wish the rest of my life was this consistent...

Amazing car. One of a kind!
By mike on 07/19/10 10:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Lexus IS300 is an absolutely amazing car. This car is the most solid-built, reliable car I have ever owned. My previous vehicles - an unreliable Volkswagen and cheaply made Civic - will never be missed. This car runs and drives so smooth you forget it's even running. I bought this gem at 98k miles and it still drives like brand new, I've NEVER done any repairs other than maintenance (tranny flush, timing belt, etc). Like many IS300 owners, I feel like I want go buy a new one when this one dies off. Too bad they don't make the IS300 any longer.

Great, Fun and Exciting Car...
By Willb on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

After taking this car for a test drive, I was sold. So far after a year and 2 months I have had no problems and I feel like a kid everytime I get into it to drive. The mixture of the auto transmission with the optional E-shift feature is down right awesome. I find the E-Shift is best used when you are on the interstate and want to drop a gear to fly by someone. The mixture of the sound system and DVD Navigation and all the other features really make this a fun and exciting car. The ladies like it as well. ;)