Used 2002 Lexus IS 300 E-Shift Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 300 model:

Dont buy
By bulld

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you have about 6k to spend in parts this car is perfect for you, if you dont have that dont get this car, parts are expensive, very hard car to work on. But maybe you get lucky I had alot of bad luck with mine. Also dont try to drive when roads are bad outside.

Favorite Features

Steering

Second IS300
By cubsfanct

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second IS300. I have owned 63 cars in my life (I am 33 and get bored easily). I have owned 12 BMW's and thought myself to be a lifelong BMW addict. The IS300 changed all that. The styling, the responsiveness and dependability won me over. I have never had an issue with either IS300 I have owned. They are the only cars I have kept longer than three months. My current one I am tastefully modifying. Owning a GS300 in between the IS300's I am now a Lexus (2JZ) convert. All around service all my have-to-haves. Sportiness, Luxury, Speed and Dependable. The IS300 is truly the complete package.

Favorite Features

Styling, Quickness, Dependability

Suggested Improvements

Fold down rear seats would be nice. Other than that no complaints.

Excellent Vehicle
By jtork2

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was lucky enough to purchase my 2002 Lexus IS300 as my first car with my own money my junior year in high school. Car had 120k miles on it and I'm now in college and I've put almost 23k more on it because I just can't resist driving it. Smooth ride, smooth shifting, comfortable seating, love the alcantara! Drilled aluminum pedals are a nice touch. I actually get about 25 mpg when i drive long highway distances at 75 mph, but average right at about 23 mpg on a normal fill-up. Few complaints about this car. I have only had to take it in to the shop for regular maintenance (oil changes, new tires, etc..) Could not recommend this car enough.

Favorite Features

RELIABILITY, smooth I6 engine, quiet engine, quiet exhaust, plenty of "get up and go," stock 17" rims

Suggested Improvements

Partly do to my driving, the tires wear fairly quickly. That's all though

Buyer's Remorse Gone Sweet!
By mead300

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car almost a month ago and was ripped off by a flipper who committed odometer fraud. After kicking myself in the butt for falling for it, I realized this is one amazing car. Great handling, lots of power, stylish, A REAL HEAD TURNER! I estimated it to be at about 171,000 miles at the moment but you could never tell because it still hauls better than my 05' Accord with 115K miles. Very comfortable. Can't wait to take a road trip in it. Stylish as it comes but the aftermarket parts are all over if you feel the need. I am putting on a K&N cold air intake to hear that engine purr nicer. Already has a nice soft roar. I plan to keep this car until it dies!

Everything and More
By dpant00

2002 Lexus IS 300 Sedan E-Shift 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought it new. It now has 110k hard driven miles. Never had an issue. The Eshift is awesome, I use it almost always. When it's in normal automatic, the shifts are super quick and clean- great for getting off fast and even. Interior is sweet with chrome details and comfortable leather. If I'm really nitpicking, the trunk is small, but it has a cool pass-through feature into the backseat that helps. I've never had a car this long, but I just can't bring myself to sell it because I feel that the value for this car is unsurpassed. Very satisfied, I highly recommend this car even if its used with alot of miles. I wish the rest of my life was this consistent...

Favorite Features

Eshift, exterior and interior design

Suggested Improvements

MPG