Still turning heads...
By SeattleSheila on
2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)
18 months/15,000 miles; NO rattles or squeaks. Only problem: Driver's side door pin popped out a couple of times...the dealer replaced the hinge. No more trouble. The back seat is cramped, but since I rarely have passengers, it isn't an issue for me. I was looking for reliability and driving fun...within my budget. I found it. Even though the new car smell is gone, I am still taking the long way wherever I go. I just hate to stop driving it. It is a thirsty little beast, but it's hard to muster up any concern about it. The mileage for stop and go driving has been 19.6 miles a gallon. Nothing prettier than my fresh-washed, blue IS300...she still turns heads.
Favorite Features
Styling, rear wheel drive handling...I like owning and driving it. Full size spare tire. In-dash 6-CD changer. Lexus customer service is great!
Suggested Improvements
Needs memory seats & moisture-sensing wipers. Dash shelf useless. Fixed w/Japanese Domestic Market dash cover compartment for Toyota Altezza. Trunk small; only been annoyed once. Paint seems soft; expect lots of chips on the front, esp. if lots of hwy driving. Suggest bra.