Used 2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lexus Is-300 - Consumer Reviews

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (70 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Great Car 5+ Years W/NO Major Problems
By ProjectMayhem

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new and have had no majors problems. The only issue I had was my CD changer broke last year, but Lexus replaced it for free! I was more than a year out of warranty -that's customer service! This was my first Lexus but won't be my last. They have the great Toyota quality and even better Lexus styling and prestige. You won't find a better car for the money!

Favorite Features

Styling, quality, reliability, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders.

Sweet Car!
By KingLexBucket

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is TOTALLY a sweet car.. 'cept for the MPG.. But it deffinately a head turner.. I've owned my since 2002. I have notice that it runs real hard when the engine is cold.. Plus the noice is loud fromt he outside..

Favorite Features

exterior design..

Suggested Improvements

better MPG...

Couldn't be happier
By Branden

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This car was actually my first and I couldn't have asked for a better car. I absolutely love driving it and enjoy every aspect of the car itself. Really is a true sport sedan that allows for good functionality.

Favorite Features

Inline 6, e-shift, sharp styling, the drive

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders, 6th gear or at least overdrive for highway driving

Best car ever!
By Jake Class

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my IS300 in July of 2005 and have had it for 3 years this month. It is great I love everything about the car, nothing has broken down on me. It had 69k on it when I bought it and now its 112k and still runs effortlessly. I have done a lot of modifications on it and they have all been great upgrades. I plan on trading this one in for a 2004 or 2005 with less miles so I can keep driving it for a long time. But everything about this car is great and a great value!

Favorite Features

Love the body style and design of the interior. Stock wheels look great and with little done to the engine you can get a lot more power. I like the suede in this one with the leather better than later years with just leather.

Suggested Improvements

Should have come with armrest (fixed in 02+) and I like the brushed aluminum in the newer years for the interior accents. But if those are my only complaints, you can see what kind of car this is.

BEST CAR EVER!
By jbneurotech

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car with 19,000 miles in 2002 i commute over 100 miles a day to work and back and the car now has 243000 miles on it and has never given me any problems all i have done has chaged the oil and filters still has original timing belt and plugs have them checked often and mechanic states they still look fine this inline six motor is unstoppable my wife drives an 07 is250 and it has been in for repair atleast 5 times and only has 70000 miles the V6 motor in the 250 is no comparison to the inline 6 in the 300, also my car doesnt use one drop of oil and still has the same torquey power as the day i bought i would by another in a heartbeat this is truly a rare gem.

Favorite Features

everything!!!!

Suggested Improvements

cd changer.