2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (70 reviews )
Still turning heads...
By SeattleSheila on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

18 months/15,000 miles; NO rattles or squeaks. Only problem: Driver's side door pin popped out a couple of times...the dealer replaced the hinge. No more trouble. The back seat is cramped, but since I rarely have passengers, it isn't an issue for me. I was looking for reliability and driving fun...within my budget. I found it. Even though the new car smell is gone, I am still taking the long way wherever I go. I just hate to stop driving it. It is a thirsty little beast, but it's hard to muster up any concern about it. The mileage for stop and go driving has been 19.6 miles a gallon. Nothing prettier than my fresh-washed, blue IS300...she still turns heads.

Assistaint General Manager
By amspears54 on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

8 months with IS 300 (and going...)
By MaX on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

First impression from this sleek sports sedan is something I would never get from any other car. Great exterior design, flashy speedometer/tachometer, sporty shift nob and pedals help you cope with the size of available space. All options suit well with the outfit, just pick whatever suit you best. Service is excellent, acceptable maintenance cost, not as bad as BMW, but not as good as Toyota. Last time I went by the dealer, 2002 special edition looks so good I want to beat myself for not waiting for it. Bottomline: Best car for the price, find the right dealer that will give you services. Grab the key, and let's have some fun. -^_^-

8 months with IS 300 (and going...)
By max on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

a great car if you fit it
By cizeta on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

a great car for me, but maybe not quite right for you.... its a car for those who want that balance of fun-to-drive with reliability... a car to go to luch with business associates then release it on windy roads on the way home... it takes a bit of getting used to- it doesnt seem to feed back, but it never goes out of control... you learn it, and can push it to great limits... awesome slalom capabilities- compare slalom speeds- their porsche like... but i dont haul people in the back seat to often... its greatest drawback. second would be gas milage... it sucks fuel when you open it up...

Service
By jrtrock on 03/24/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The car is fun to drive and no major problems. The service at the dealership is excellent but very expensive. I just spent $300 for service at 12000 miles. My daughter has a Cavalier with over 60,000 miles that we haven't spent $300 on with oil changes! The Chevy is a better car dollar for dollar! Also had to spend $$ for snow tires on the Lexus. The Chevy goes through anything.

Lexus IS300
By Dianna on 03/16/02 17:59 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love the way it drives. It handles great and can accelerate quickly. The E-Shift makes it really fun to drive on the highway.

Lexus is 300: Great Sports Sedan
By eraser33 on 02/28/02 18:37 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my is300 for about one year, and I have to say I continue to be impressed with both the cars' performance ability and its quality. This is a terrific handling car with very good grip and steeribilty thru the tightest of corners;it's powerful and smooth inline 6(same engine as newer Supra) is a joy both for its great performance and every day driving characteristics.

IS 300
By frankr on 02/28/02 14:49 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great, fun to drive car. I recommend anyone in the market for a car similar to this class to take it for a test drive, you won't be disappointed.

IS300 Awesome, But Can Always Be Better
By bbc_teryou on 02/27/02 09:45 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a fun and good looking vehicle, the IS300 should do it! It attracts a lot of attention. It seems as though all eyes are on the Lexus IS300, rather than the average BMW 3-Series, Mercedes Benz C- Class or Audi A4. 2001 models do not offer the 5 spd manual, DVD or auto-dimming rear view mirrors. If you can do without that, you're set.