2001 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (70 reviews )
They almost have it...
By terpfan on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a really super car for a 1st year. The swade-ish leather interior is a good feature because it is never too hot or too cold. It is fun to drive and handles real well (except for traction control...which I always turn off). The only downsides are bad fuel mileage, no center armrest to speak of, and no telescopic steering.

Fun
By robarakira on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Perfect for midlife crisis.

Just buy one !!!!
By Stevo on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the IS300 after driving the BMW325i, Mecedes 240, and Audi A4. The Lexus had the best styling and most standard features, and on Road testing the best raod manners and supple yet firm suspension. The only thing I would like to see improved about this car is more power though the standing start take off was enough to shock my BMW driving friends ! I have never enjoyed drivin as much as in my IS.

Good but needs improvements
By Dude007 on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Love its sleeky look, handling and interior of course. Engine needs to be replaced with something better. Wasn't the toyota all about reliability, quality and economy? Well I'm a Honda lover but this car cought my attention right from the begining, basically I love eveything about it except gas mileage. This car has a worst gas mileage in its class and if you compare it to the performance it really shouldnt burn so much. Even Maxima with 3.5 Liter engine uses less gas and gets far better performance and really Maxima seems to be a better bang for your buck.

Honest opinion 2 year owner
By kpostman on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

High quality car, great styling with a slightly above average performance (engine). It is very smooth, quiet, and handles great. I would like to see Lexus increase HP to match other cars in the class.

very nice car, but crappy service
By whatsnext on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

cons: interior materials are poor quality. My steering wheel leather started cracking after a couple months. THe oem tires were terrible and blew up on me. one blew up after a couple thousand miles. Another one blew up later on. The tire recall didn't help either since they killed the new tires which I bought to replace my old tires. My center console plastic started fading. pros: very solid car. great handling. bottom line: don't expect to be reimbursed for any parts that are built below standard. Be prepared to shell out quite a bit of money to fix little things like interior parts, paint chips, tires, and so on.

the car
By yellow is 3 on 06/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

my lexus is 300 is bright yellow it turns more heads than any other car i have driven i like to make the cars i drive a little jazzed up so since the is300 is an import car i can get tons of parts and acessories for it

Love it
By IS300 on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

No problem with the car.. but yesterday i problem happened; driving down the road and a tree fell on the car.. no more IS for me..*tear*

Simply Amazing
By LexusSteve on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is an awesome car to drive!! You get the best bang for your buck with this baby! It handles great and accelerates rapidly. Awesome stock stereo system!

Really fun.
By Yahoo on 05/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

It's always a joy to start the engine. I've had more fun in this car than any other I've had...and believe me, I've had some great cars. Turn of the Traction control for more fun on windy roads...and don't worry about storage space...the trunk is very large.