2001 Lexus IS 300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (70 reviews )
IS 3
By EPGuy on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I LOVE THIS CAR!

is 300
By centex229 on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

really a trend setter, model for many vehicles avaiable now. Could use more power. Dealer service, follow up is AAA+

eh.
By tonytan12 on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

its not anything like any bmw ever. The acceleration isn't that great for the 3000ccs of displacement. And for getting that bad of gas mileage, it should be faster. It does handle good, and the design is nice, but if you have the money, go with the bmw.

sweet ride
By jimmyd on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle! Fun car in the mountains and an even better ride zipping through rush-hour traffic

Eye Catcher
By SHK on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the IS 300 to replace 2001 Mustang GT which had so many problems, interior and exterior. Initial crush with interior and exterior design still stays with me. It draws everyone's attention wherever I go. The car has one of a kind design, superior fit/finish and quality in all aspects.

Great handling car!!
By mweb on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

With 29,000 miles on in 10 months, this is very reliable, drives like a sports car, & gets 22 mpg. Routine maint.is kind of high, but cust. ser. is the best around. Front seats are great, but the back is best left to children. The trunk is decent, but then I didn't buy this car for it's cargo capacity. I got it 'cause it's fast, handles great & looks awesome. I wish I had spent the extra few grand and bought a new 2002 with a 5-speed. I recommend this to anyone looking for a sports sedan that handles, is fast, gets good fuel mileage, & won't be in the shop all the time like a BMW.

Exactly what I wanted.
By JBusy on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Not as tight as a BMW, but that's not the kind of car I wanted. Having owned Lexus' before, a few amenities are missing that I would have liked (programmed seats, arm rest) but I definitely live without and am happy. 15 months after the purchase and I'm amazed how much I like the car. Definitely a cross between a sports car and a luxury car,

IS300 Perfection
By mr magoo on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned and with the exception of a 2001 GS430, the best vehicle I have ever driven. I would recommend this car to any one who desires the perfect blend of aggressive styling, handling, performance, and class. This car is definitly a Luxury Sport Coupe.

Winter/Wet Driving
By jtrock on 11/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Being rear drive and very light this is the worst car I have ever had for snow/wet road driving. Even with the standard 16" tires the car would not move away from the curb in the first snowfall. I put Blizzaks on it and it is somewhat better but this vehicle is not recommended for northern climates. the TRACS system also sucks. It makes starting out on wet pavement 'chunky'. It also seems to have a hesitation on acceleration at times.

IS 300 PERFORMS
By rebelrichey on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Handles exceptionally well - low and tight to the ground. This car is not lacking any power. It is sleek, comfortable and overall - attractive on the road. If comparing a BMW 3 series, Jag X-Type or MBZ - you may want to test IS 300 Lexus. You will find it out performs and has a stronger maintenance record!