Used 2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (72 reviews )

Best Ever
By Shea McCuen

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best looking Lexus ever made. It looks sporty while still maintaining is luxury image. It handles like a rear wheel drive sports car should handle, and engine and transmission performance are perfect.

Diamond White Pearl paint.

More cup holders.

Stylish, sporty, stellar
By jstxlr8

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have liked the IS since it came out and was thrilled to be able to buy one 2 years ago. In two years, I have had no complaints, just a lot of compliments and a lot of fun. I'd rather have this car used for the 20,000 I bought it for than any new car on the road for the same price. I drive my cars pretty hard, and this has been one of my favorites..have had a Prelude, Maxima, and Probe GT, but the IS spanks em all. I do use the E shift alot, makes for a more fun driving experience, especially with the traction control off... it tends to kick in early sometimes, which is fine if I'm not having a little fun with the car. Great luxo-sport car, that acts like and even looks like a coupe.

6 disc changer, heated seats, E shift, and RWD, full size spare, shift knob. I enjoy the compliments at almost every gas stop and oil change.

MUST have ALL season tires if in snowy regions, one touch closing of moonroof, and armrest.

Excellent
By Ruth Mc CARTHY

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fun to drive and comfort on a trip. Get thumbs up on style and just a good looking car and I love my car.

Easy access to dash board equipment. Nice size trunk. Nice interior fabric/leather

Add mud guards front and rear to prevent sand, dirt and rocks pitting the paint.

Great Used Car
By ISDriver

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought In '05 with 80,000 miles. It runs great and is lots of fun to drive. I get a lot of compliments on the style of the car. I drive it daily to work and get about 18 mpg and have driven the car to South Dakota and to Florida and if I kept the speed around 75 I got about 27 mpg. I can't complain about that. If I average closer to 85 it drops to 23. I don't mind the miles since it is a Lexus.

This car looks great and is fun to drive! It is rare to see other people with the same car. BMW's are everywhere.

Auto window buttons are loose. CD player is jammed but I did buy it with 80,000 on it so I knew it would not be perfect. My wife would love to have an arm rest. (Fixed on newer models)

***Transmission Review ***
By Billy Thomas

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Ignore the cons about the transmission of this vehicle. The transmission is the best setup ever thought of. its manual, true slap shift, and digital triptonic on the steering wheel with no delay in it. I think the 3 options of shifting this car is what makes it so unique and amazing to drive. Hands down its the stand out option of this vehicle. you honestly must drive it to understand how talented this car is

transmission

FRONT WHEEL DRIVE. that is the only down fall this car has, it has no front wheel or all wheel drive

• SUV