2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (70 reviews )
BEST CAR EVER!
By jbneurotech on 06/21/11 01:35 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the car with 19,000 miles in 2002 i commute over 100 miles a day to work and back and the car now has 243000 miles on it and has never given me any problems all i have done has chaged the oil and filters still has original timing belt and plugs have them checked often and mechanic states they still look fine this inline six motor is unstoppable my wife drives an 07 is250 and it has been in for repair atleast 5 times and only has 70000 miles the V6 motor in the 250 is no comparison to the inline 6 in the 300, also my car doesnt use one drop of oil and still has the same torquey power as the day i bought i would by another in a heartbeat this is truly a rare gem.

Like A Fine Swiss Watch
By zed-er on 11/19/08 12:10 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car brand new. It was one of the first available in Southern California. The car now has about 202,000 miles on it, with regular service by the local dealership. The car has never had a single costly repair. There are no squeaks or rattles. Even with such high mileage, I wouldn't hesitate to jump in the car and drive cross country right now. This is truly a worry free car. I've owned cars from Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Jaguar, Saab, Ford, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Toyota, VW and Honda. This Lexus has been the best car I've EVER owned, bar none. Like a fine Swiss watch, it runs forever. And Lexus provides the best car buying experience anywhere in this galaxy.

Best car ever!
By Jake Class on 07/09/08 12:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my IS300 in July of 2005 and have had it for 3 years this month. It is great I love everything about the car, nothing has broken down on me. It had 69k on it when I bought it and now its 112k and still runs effortlessly. I have done a lot of modifications on it and they have all been great upgrades. I plan on trading this one in for a 2004 or 2005 with less miles so I can keep driving it for a long time. But everything about this car is great and a great value!

As good as it gets
By Jade300 on 05/19/08 10:40 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Since the day I first saw this car on a Japanese website back in 2000 I have been in love with it. I picked up my '01 with 60k on the clock and have loved every minute. I performed my basic 60k maintenance and regular oil changes since and it has been problem free. It is a blast to drive but still keeps all the refinements you would expect from a Lexus. And with a Toyota powerplant under the hood, you never have to worry about reliabilty. Fun to drive, decent on gas, great looks and a wonderful engine that takes to modification very well. Highly recommended to anyone looking for a sport luxury sedan that doesnt want to be another faceless BMW driver.

Great Car
By Lexus Owner on 07/21/07 23:21 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car used, couldn't be happier. Nice to know how reliable it is. Have had for over 3 years now, not a single problem. Want something reliable? This is it. Fun to drive, good on gas.

Fun to Drive!
By GB on 07/11/07 12:02 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought new. Currently 58,000 miles. Only one problem related to an ignition switch that was very hard to diagnose. Paint is very prone to chips and swirls. Graphite polished wheels prone to damage when tires are mounted. fuel economy isn't fabulous for HP level. A little small for infant seat when rear facing. Oil filter difficult to extract without a mess. Other than these items above, this car has been a joy. Still makes me smile when I blast an exit ramp.

Great Car 5+ Years W/NO Major Problems
By ProjectMayhem on 03/27/07 07:02 AM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new and have had no majors problems. The only issue I had was my CD changer broke last year, but Lexus replaced it for free! I was more than a year out of warranty -that's customer service! This was my first Lexus but won't be my last. They have the great Toyota quality and even better Lexus styling and prestige. You won't find a better car for the money!

Best Balanced Car
By E. Griffith on 02/28/07 12:43 PM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I got married & was looking for a sedan to replace my Honda Prelude, but I didn't want to give up the quickness and great handling. The IS 300 weighs 300 lbs. more than the Prelude but certainly doesn't drive like it. I was not afraid to buy one with over 100,000 miles because my family has owned several Lexus models. They rarely need repairs. I had to replace a cracked wheel (previous owner abuse) and found $200 for a re-manufactured one much easier to swallow than $500 from Lexus. Someone installed metal brake pads and cheap Kuhmo tires. After switching to ceramic pads and Pirrelli P Zero tires, the car is back to it's surprising potential.

Best Ever
By Shea McCuen on 01/19/07 10:37 AM (PST)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best looking Lexus ever made. It looks sporty while still maintaining is luxury image. It handles like a rear wheel drive sports car should handle, and engine and transmission performance are perfect.

Stylish, sporty, stellar
By jstxlr8 on 06/12/06 17:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Lexus IS 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have liked the IS since it came out and was thrilled to be able to buy one 2 years ago. In two years, I have had no complaints, just a lot of compliments and a lot of fun. I'd rather have this car used for the 20,000 I bought it for than any new car on the road for the same price. I drive my cars pretty hard, and this has been one of my favorites..have had a Prelude, Maxima, and Probe GT, but the IS spanks em all. I do use the E shift alot, makes for a more fun driving experience, especially with the traction control off... it tends to kick in early sometimes, which is fine if I'm not having a little fun with the car. Great luxo-sport car, that acts like and even looks like a coupe.