2014 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Love this ride! 2014 IS250 F-Sport
By chrisj35

2014 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently purchased a 2014 Lexus IS 250 F-Sport and the car really exceeds my expectations. Great look to the car, the interior is awesome and comfortable and it's definitely a looker! I turn heads all the time. I previously had an Infiniti and got tired of them. I looked at the new BMW 3 series but there wasn't anything special about this vehicle until you spend $55K. Definitely check out the Lexus IS when you are out car shopping.

Drive, technology, style

What a Great Car!
By redskins5926

2014 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving my IS250 F-Sport exactly two months now. This car has been a thrill! For those who like to speed or head to the track frequently, you would benefit from the extra power of the 350. For everyone else, the 250 is plenty of power. This car has tight and nicely weighted steering. Fuel economy is incredible, I average 24-25 mpg with 60% city driving. The driving dynamics are very comparable to the E90 BMW 3-series (2006-2011). The current F30 BMW 3-series does not feel as sporty. As for the exterior styling, it does grow on you. I remember thinking how ugly the car looked when I saw the first press photos, but now I think it is one of the best-looking cars I've seen!

Very small turning radius, which allows you to easily make tight U-turns. LED DRLs and headlights really stand out. The F-Sport TFT gauges also stand out and are quite functional. For non-navigation models, the tray in the center console fits an iPhone 5 perfectly (though not bigger phones like the Galaxy S). The NuLuxe upholstery is very soft and hard to tell that it is not leather.

Relocate the front cupholders; it is awkward to blindly reach back to grab a drink while driving. Add ventilated seats to the F-Sport package. Could use better plastics in the interior (it's not as cheap as those found in a Toyota, but it's definitely not the same grade you would expect from Lexus). Make the center LCD display wider.

great fun car to drive
By impaciente

2014 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car is fantastic. Many improvements compared to the previous model, which in my opinion was not bad at all. In the driving department, in my humble opinion, is a lot better than the current 3 series, specially in the sports mode. Interior comforts and the IT in the car are tip top compared to the europeans. Quality building is typical Lexus and from a design point of view is very innovative (untyplical lexus.... and I would say untypical BMW, MB Audi). I love the exterior styling, though this is a matter of likes.

Driving dynamics. Interior comforts (LFA dashboard, audio, entertaining system, seats, rear seat legroom)

the black center console shows dust a lot, specially in the area in the black lacquered area.