Used 2014 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Love my IS250
By Leela S.

2014 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought my IS250 a couple weeks ago. Even though it is just the base model I am more than satisfied with my purchase! The car drives great, handles great, and looks great. We spent a little extra to get it Lexus certified, but it was worth it for the ease of my mind for maintenance and big issues. The Lexus dealership was great and easy to work with, and we will defiantly purchase from them again. I wish I had not waited so long for my first Lexus!

Fun to drive!
By K. Hocking

2014 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car is beautiful and handles very well. Has very low mileage. Under 10,000 miles. Well maintained. Fun to drive.

Great car!
By tamara perera

2014 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the ride of this car super sporty!

Dashboard Rattles
By SEA

2014 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2014 IS250-Fsport after checking out other entry-level luxury sedans. My first impression was great! I love the style of both the exterior and interior. I'm content with the performance (love the sport mode) and braking is phenomenal. My issue has been a rattling sound on the driver side that comes from somewhere within the dashboard. The dealership has attempted to find the source of the rattle 4 times to no avail. It sounds as if I have plastic CD cases in the door pocket that rattle constantly. Not even turning up the radio can mask the sound. And to make matters worse, its starting to happen on the passenger side as well. I thought Lexus was known for its smooth, quiet ride. I guess I was wrong. This is my first Lexus and it will also be my last.

My new ride
By RMG

2014 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Drive a BMW, then drive this car. As a former BMW driver, I loved my beemer....but this car is eye-catching, sporty looking and I know it will be far more reliable. With the repairs made on the BMW, I could have bought another car. After 100K miles, for starters, I had suspension parts and engine coils fail to the tune of $4K. I traded it in with $7K in repairs looming (steering fluid and oil leaK). The Lexus is sporty, elegant, well appointed. I bought it with only 7K miles....drives like a dream and even has an optional sport mode. Only concern is that the paint will not hold up like the beemer. Chips easily (not me, previous owner). In contrast, the BMW looked mint when I traded it in for $3K with 180K miles. The car should have been worth more but was on it's last legs. BMW needs its owners to be mechanics to afford repairs after 100K miles.