2012 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Review: Just what I wanted

2012 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Review

Just what I wanted
By webworm on

2012 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had it now for two months. A trip to Florida quickly put 3300 miles on the odometer. The surprise is gas mileage. I have averaged 25+mpg overall, and the Florida trip averaged 33mpg! I would say performance is good, but it takes a heavy foot to get the revs up there for excellent acceleration. I drove a BMW325 while looking. I do not detect any better response at all while driving, and the interior quality and technological features are not even close to the IS. BMW reliability is sketchy at best, and am not interested in that. I am very satisfied with my IS!

Beautiful black paint...the best paint job I have ever seen. The quality build and convenience features are as good as, or better than those found in cars costing twice as much. The transmission and paddle shifters work perfectly. The car is very quiet.

Perhaps more legroom in the rear, although we knew it was limited and had no problems with our earlier Acura Integra because we rarely transport anyone. A relative with an S4 Audi has the same situation.