Used 2012 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

High Quality, good looks
By icarnut

2012 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2012 IS250 with AWD and NAV. Interior is very high quality. Seats are comfortable, although the backseat is abit tight but still comfortable. Ride is abit stiff, but handling around corners is excellent. Power steering is a little stiff for being electric, but will have the dealer look into that. Gas mileage is good for V6 (27 MPG). Very sporty looking, gets admired by other drivers.

Heated/Cooling seats, NAV, Sound System, leather seats, LED daytime running lights, no key entry/start. Quality of interior material.

Need a dual driving mode switch soft/sporty like some BMW. More power steering. Too sensitive to uneven roads, it tends to drift. Need a bit more power. Need more interior leather trim.

My favorite purchase to date!
By shugajumpa

2012 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I went to test a cert pre owned IS 250 and walked out with a lease on a new premium pkg black with tan interior, spoiler and nav. Great car. Period. The acceleration is lacking when you first get going but this car flies down the highway. No problem passing, handles like a pro. I almost feel like a race car driver and I'm not pushing the speed limit (not too much anyway). The LED headlights are sharp on this car and definitely earns her looks. Gas mileage is average for this car, no complaints.

Great handling and acceleration at speed, interior is very comfortable and easy to care for.

I have difficulty handling this car in bad weather conditions. Constantly spinning out at lights or sliding around corners. Never had this problem in my other vehicles.

Just what I wanted
By webworm

2012 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had it now for two months. A trip to Florida quickly put 3300 miles on the odometer. The surprise is gas mileage. I have averaged 25+mpg overall, and the Florida trip averaged 33mpg! I would say performance is good, but it takes a heavy foot to get the revs up there for excellent acceleration. I drove a BMW325 while looking. I do not detect any better response at all while driving, and the interior quality and technological features are not even close to the IS. BMW reliability is sketchy at best, and am not interested in that. I am very satisfied with my IS!

Beautiful black paint...the best paint job I have ever seen. The quality build and convenience features are as good as, or better than those found in cars costing twice as much. The transmission and paddle shifters work perfectly. The car is very quiet.

Perhaps more legroom in the rear, although we knew it was limited and had no problems with our earlier Acura Integra because we rarely transport anyone. A relative with an S4 Audi has the same situation.

very fun and alot for the $$
By jb2012atl

2012 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the 2012 IS with Nav Package, Premium Package, rear spoiler. I love the Nebula Gray pearl and light gray leather. Traded in my Audi A4 and couldn't be happier. The Lexus dealer was so nice and accommodating (as i've always heard about Lexus dealers). My Audi had so many electrical issues and this Lexus is a dream to drive! You can't feel it shifting and it's so smooth on the highway. Build quality is top notch. My friend got rid of his BMW X3 for an RX350 the same day so we got a great deal!! LOVE Lexus.

The leather is so soft, the cabin is nicely appointed. The black wood is a nice touch. I love the ventilated/ heated seats. The whole car feels so well made!

More wheel options for the car. Steering is nice and tight but could feel tighter through some sharp turns. A little bigger cup-holders would be nice.