Used 2010 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus Is-250 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Lexus IS 250 Sedan

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Wonderful experience with my IS lease
By gt280

2010 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Let me preface that rather than write a review when I first obtained the car, let me share my experiences toward the end of my 36 month lease. Approaching month 34... * AWD - very amazed and impressed of the handling during freezing rain, snow and icy weather. I’ve driven through actual snow storms and the car handled really well while other cards just spun around or were completely helpless! I felt really confident driving this around in snow! *I drove highway miles averaging 33- 34 mpg using premium fuel! *Dealer provided excellent customer service during my visits for service * I really enjoyed the navigation system - friendly, easy and spot-on

Favorite Features

Handling and steering is fantastic. The (cooling) ventiliated seats are a lifesaver during the steamy, hot Summer months. I’m going to miss this feature since some of the German cars don’t offer this nifty feature. Sitting in driver's seat was so comfortable and felt like I was wrapped in a nice glove! Bluetooth worked like a charm.

Suggested Improvements

The stereo system that came with the model was “avg” for a Lexus brand. The sound quality was not rich and lacked depth. At times, the reception would have static on AM or FM stations even while driving around my local area. This was annoying. This car is snug in the back; I realize this model is smaller than the ES so if it’s just two adults up front not to worry Tires that came with the car are noisy; I experienced flats and they’re very expensive tires; go with MileStar tires in the same dimensions – they’re less noiser, cheaper, and handle great! The quality of the interior is kind of lackluster to me; plastic on the dash

Love it!
By DrNate

2010 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great car - very smooth ride, fantastic sound system, extremely comfortable. I've run out of superlatives to describe it. Tried the IS 350 for its bigger engine, but the handling was way too stiff and the road noise was annoying, I don't miss the extra hp. The BMW was spirited, but to get everything that came standard with the 250 would have cost another $5K or so.

Favorite Features

Sound system, ride, all the extras that come standard

Suggested Improvements

Bigger engine, more room in the back seat.

Great deal for great car
By Sean

2010 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Switching from my 07 BMW 328i to the Lexus IS 250 was not an easy choice. BMW has great styling and is a fun car to drive. The issue is more the nickel and dime attitude from BMW. Why are car alarms extra? Plastic seats? Come on BMW. So I am going Japanese and in the end got on a great deal that included all the luxuries. Love the interior (except the old school clock) and comfort. While this is no BMW 328, it does have decent power. I am speeder by nature, so less power when the light turns green is best for me. If I want to floor it, it will move. Why are raters so concerned about 0-60 MPH time. With all the traffic I generally can't confirm the time, plus it's a waste of gas & dangerous

Favorite Features

Interior trim, navigation (love the live camera when car is in reverse), comfy seats, nice styling

Suggested Improvements

Clock looks like an 80s clock. Visor is a bit short when moved to drivers side window. Would be nice if it could extend or move. A tad more power. A few more legroom inches in rear seat.

Car shutters when moonroof retracted
By s gill

2010 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Serious flaw in the moonroof when fully retracted. Car vibrates and shakes something awful. Usually happens when the car is traveling around 50 to 60 mph. Only way to stop this is to close moonroof halfway.

Sleeper Hit
By Mr Piccolo

2010 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

For me, the real decision was between this and the G37. I really want the G37 performance and styling. But to get the same features the IS250 provides the G37 is at least $5k more at MSRP. No one pays MSRP, but that's huge difference before we even start haggling! Is 100 hp worth $5k? Possibly but that's at least $100/mo more - eep. But I got a screamer of a deal (less than this website shows for invoice) at 2.9%. With only ~220 miles I'm already averaging 26 mpg in the city - pretty good for car not broken in yet. The car looks much better in person than in pictures. Not sold on the rear, but front and side have nice curves. This car is plush, smooth and is just all around awesome

Favorite Features

Inside trim is gorgeous! The turning radius is insanely precise. Takes 50 mph turns like they're 25 mph. The ride is silky smooth. The keyless entry is the epitome of laziness. The dashboard controls are stylish and functional. The dual-tone leather trim is just sexy. Great safety features.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more horsepower/torque! Seriously, how can you have RWD car and be so low on HP/ft-lbf? The power curve doesn't seem to be so bad, so I'll try putting on a F-Sport/K&N air filter for some cheap HP.