TERRIBLE Driving Position, Hurts R Leg
By docboy on
2009 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)
Traded TSX for IS250 AWD. Decided on IS over the G37, 335, TL, and WRX. Thought the IS had the most comfy front seats of the bunch. I was sorely wrong. Happy at first, nice ride and solid handling, until my right leg started to hurt. Didn't notice it much at first, but after 4 weeks in this car, there's a glaring stupid BUMP protruding out the driver's side. Simply cannot rest my right foot and leg in proper straight ergonomic manner. Right leg simply cannot straighten out, liken a repetitive stress disorder. BUMP part of AWD trans; whole body hurts to drive. Regret buying this car, will never buy AWD Lexus sedan again. May be forced to trade-in after only 1000 miles! Ridiculous.
Favorite Features
Nice exterior design, solid handling, little body roll, 204 HP has decent torque range, good highway gas mileage, good lumbar support. Reviews of AWD suggest good traction in snow but since I may be forced to trading the car in after only 1k miles and is still summer, I'll never know.
Suggested Improvements
Poor interior design, absolutely cramped interior gets worse every time you sit inside. AWD transmission prevents any reasonable front driving position. Right leg has absolutely no comfortable area to rest or place. Car seems designed for people <5' w/short skinny legs. Interior redesign needed!