2009 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
TERRIBLE Driving Position, Hurts R Leg
By docboy on 06/29/09 14:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded TSX for IS250 AWD. Decided on IS over the G37, 335, TL, and WRX. Thought the IS had the most comfy front seats of the bunch. I was sorely wrong. Happy at first, nice ride and solid handling, until my right leg started to hurt. Didn't notice it much at first, but after 4 weeks in this car, there's a glaring stupid BUMP protruding out the driver's side. Simply cannot rest my right foot and leg in proper straight ergonomic manner. Right leg simply cannot straighten out, liken a repetitive stress disorder. BUMP part of AWD trans; whole body hurts to drive. Regret buying this car, will never buy AWD Lexus sedan again. May be forced to trade-in after only 1000 miles! Ridiculous.

It ALMOST could
By sig alph g on 02/19/09 14:26 PM (PST)

2009 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Coming out of a pickup I realized that it was going to be a small car. However, it rides like a true sport luxury car and with all the creature comforts, i.e., HID, temp seats, navi, etc. I feel it was a good purchase. The ride is a lot better (to me) than a comparable c300, and 328i. Also, the quality of the Lexus is second to none. The interior fit and feel makes a Benz or Beemer really feel entry level. Lastly the power.. I didn't want it for the "power" but a little more "oomph" would have been great, as well, the back seat has 0 leg room. maybe a I250/350L would be good?

Great car
By 1HappyGuy on 02/18/09 14:22 PM (PST)

2009 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I was considering a BMW 328i which has a much sportier feel but when I compared the features of the IS 250 to BMW, Lexus proved to be a much better value. True, the IS isn't a BMW but the style, workmanship, navigation system and options are much better than what was available with BMW and I don't have to contend with the run flat tires that come standard with the 328i. Lexus tweaked the steering to the 2009 IS and this results in a much better drive. Keyless entry system and quiet interior are wonderful. People don't realize that I am driving when I call them using the Bluetooth feature. Get the iPod connection. It works wonderfully with the 13 speaker sound system which is very good.

Luxury Sporty car
By Eric on 02/12/09 11:15 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Good handling, sexy exterior, luxury interior, good pick up.

Lexus IS 250 AWD - 2006 technology
By alterbear on 01/26/09 14:29 PM (PST)

2009 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I leased a new Lexus IS 250 AWD after being told that the new model been updated for 2009. Yes, there are some minor styling and other changes, but it's still a 2006 technology platform. For example, the navigation system has no text to speech, no traffic info, outdated maps, poor routing - you could do better with a portable unit for $150.00.

Good but not Great
By Mark on 01/16/09 11:21 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this car since it first came out. Picked it up at the end of December 2005. The interior looks and feels great (but it's still not Audi in terms of physical feel). The seats look great and feel soft to the touch. However, after more than 45 minutes, they are so soft that your rear begins to ache as you can somewhat feel the metal platform underneath. They definitely need to take some cues from Germany. Nav system is very easy to learn and use, but like many others, you can't use it while moving. Interior lighting with LED accents is still state of the art.

Its beautiful, really.
By Bhutto on 12/27/08 06:53 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Before buying this I test drove a lot of vehicles, MB C class, BMW 335 and Infiniti, but IS has a different nice good taste to it, more stiff (in a good way) than MB, more stylish interior with same driving experience than BMW, more style than Infiniti (I think). Liked the exterior styling and standard features like fog light, LED lights, turn indicators on the side mirrors, side mirrors are heated too. I am really very very happy with my choice and recommend you all to test drive this to realize what a nice car it is. Its Lexus.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Lexus IS 250 Sedan in VA is:

$147 per month*