Used 2009 Lexus IS 250 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lexus IS 250

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Great car
By 1HappyGuy

2009 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I was considering a BMW 328i which has a much sportier feel but when I compared the features of the IS 250 to BMW, Lexus proved to be a much better value. True, the IS isn't a BMW but the style, workmanship, navigation system and options are much better than what was available with BMW and I don't have to contend with the run flat tires that come standard with the 328i. Lexus tweaked the steering to the 2009 IS and this results in a much better drive. Keyless entry system and quiet interior are wonderful. People don't realize that I am driving when I call them using the Bluetooth feature. Get the iPod connection. It works wonderfully with the 13 speaker sound system which is very good.

Favorite Features

Ventilated from seats; style, sound system and layout of the dashboard. The sound and navigation systems beat the BMW hands down. The quality of the leather is superb. Gas mileage is very good and is the primary reason why I chose a 250 instead of a 350.

Suggested Improvements

The 250 has nice pickup but it would have been great if the car had 230 horse power in lieu of 204. Stiffer suspension would also have been nice. Notwithstanding the suggested improvements, I have no regrets choosing an IS 250 instead of a 328i.