2008 Lexus IS 250 2.5L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Smooth, quiet, quality, fun to

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Review

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth, quiet, quality, fun to drive
By Natroth on

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Brief: a medium sized high technology, luxury sports car which will have 1 or 2 people in it most of the time. I researched and drove BMW, Audi and Mercedes before settling on Lexus. I was upgrading from a SAAB convertible. To compare the cars, you need to spec up each car equally, which I did. The Lexus is the best value by many thousands of dollars. The car is a powerful, smooth quiet ride if that is what you are looking for. My average speed around Sydney is 38 kph so top end performance is nice to brag about but not a decision maker. Add an extra year's warranty and a world rating of most reliable car and you have some very good reasons for buying an IS250. It exceeds the brief!

Favorite Features

Practically, the touch screen for all the essential controls (air con, sound, GPS, telephone, rear camera) is so easy to use. The BMW, Audi and Mercedes have far less user friendly, non touch, user interfaces. The IS250 is a little pocket rocket of technology, I love adaptive cruise control!

Suggested Improvements

Rear legroom is limited but no more or less than its direct competitors. The "key" that you must have on you but don't use because of keyless entry and keyless start is a pain. It sits in my pocket as a lump or I throw it on the passenger seat!