2008 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Review: Good overall Lexus

2008 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

Good overall Lexus
By EJ on

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is not a bad car at all setting aside from numerous dealership visits within the 25k miles I have clocked with this vehicle. The engine is very smooth, quiet yet not as powerful as I would like, even with the manual transmission. The down points for this car is various suspension noises & horrible manual transmission/factory flywheel combo. At about 5000 miles, the manual transmission had to be replaced. Right after, various TSB's were performed for interior noises & passenger side front A-Pillar head air bag cover was replaced. Now I hear clanking in the suspension area when going over any type of bump or road imperfection. Also, interior plastic clips are getting loose which make noise.

Favorite Features

Good technology for the cheapest Lexus. I like the push button start & instrument cluster illumination. Stock stereo is good but made up for by using 13 speakers.

Suggested Improvements

Lexus needs to improve build quality for the IS. The quirks needs to be fixed so Lexus can keep their motto of "Passionate Pursuit of Perfection".