Poor Navigation
By Jeffrey on
2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)
Very nice & refined car. AWD model accelerates fine. Very nicely finished interior. The rear seat is tight, but I knew this when I made the purchase. It was hard to find a model with the Luxury Package. Would not have purchased the car without that package. This package is what makes a Lexus a "Lexus". On the other hand the navigation system is not acceptable. A passenger cannot program the system while the car is in motion, does not announce street names, is very complicated to program. Do not waste your money on this inferior system. Instead purchase a $300.00 portable navigation system. They are easy to program, have "Text to speech", and have traffic updates.
Favorite Features
Comfortable interior, Bluetooth, map display from navigation screen, automatic wipers, seat memory, outside self-dimming mirrors.
Suggested Improvements
My biggest disappointment is the navigation system. I feel like I wasted $2,500.00. It needs to be vastly improved. Homelink needs to be relocated from the interior rear view mirror. I accidently closed my garage door while adjusting the rear-view mirror with the engine running.