Like driving a swan
By Kasha Knishes on
2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)
A friend says I look like I'm driving a swan. Lovely Princess Shinjouku is Starfire Pearl, with Cashmere leather. Shinjouku is not nearly as ergonometric as my beloved Volvo, Lars (murdered by a Sequoia driven by a fool who ran a redlight at 80+ mph.). And the design is not as evolved. Doors & trunk drip inside when opened. I'm very agile, but have trouble getting out of the car. The car feels heavy, and the doors have the most amazingly precise and plush sound when they close. I cannot use the sound system. It hurts my ears. I bought for Prestige/reliability/safety/cost to own/beauty. Shinjouku is definitely beautiful: the prettiest Lexus yet. Just wish it were safer and quieter.
Favorite Features
The beauty of the car. Absolute reliability (so far). Prestige, Fantastic mpg (30.6 overall, for me). Digital mileage display(s). The 'split 5-spoke' wheels are the least tacky of any currently being sold. Being pampered at the dealership. I'm hooked on the VIP treatment.
Suggested Improvements
Please delete sunroofs from 'standard options'. Please delete ghetto stereos from 'standard options'. Even with base and mid-range turned totally down, the sound system hurts my ears. I do not want to "feel" the music. Please make the car quieter and safer. I was expecting Lexus-level silence.