2008 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Review: Good for me

2008 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Good for me
By 3dog on

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car since November of 07 (it's an 08). I, too, had problems with potholes the winter of 07-08 - sidewall damage on 2 tires which had to be replaced with less than 5000 miles on them. I promptly got a set of rims one size smaller with snow tires that were NOT low profile and I've had no problem since. The car handles great in the snow, pulling through the piles of snow our village plows against the end of the driveway. The ride is a little jittery on the expressway, sometimes seeming to find a harmonic convergence with the ridges on the road, but it is comfortable and quiet. I average 25 mpg on my daily drive, up to 31 mpg on long trips, slightly less with the snow tires.

AWD, navigation, heated seats, bluetooth system for phone works well, rear window shade, which I almost never use but is cool to deploy.

Navigation system that would allow the passenger to change while driving. Don't like the low profile tires, but they are ubiquitous on sporty cars today.