End of my lease, going to miss "lexi"
By skyrunr on
2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)
I just love this car and my wife gets jealous when I start talking about "Lexi." I am tall so the back seat sacrifice was justified. Two large dogs have no complaints. Poor rear visibility, but the nice big mirrors help. I get 24mpg with spirited driving and 90% manual shifting. I rarely use the paddles and the shift restrictions are a hair too restrictive. If you want 0-60 times get a motorcycle or theme park. ;) However, this car was purely made for on/off ramps and windy back roads. I also really like that I can disable VSC and TRAC by holding a button (must be stopped.) Wish they had a real wagon version as we now have children. Venza and RX350 can't fit large dogs in back.
Favorite Features
In one word, precision! Roomy front cabin. Quiet ride. Excellent cornering. Top speed and tach alerts. SmartKey standard. Decent base MP3 stereo.
Suggested Improvements
simplify stereo controls, move clock higher in the dash, always show outdoor temperature, show mph with HUD, option to remember sport mode setting and TRAC/VSC after off/on. Center console charger port (and aux jack) are poorly located; can't close when in use. Offer lighter/brighter colors.