2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
Completely Satisfied
By Jess on 01/21/08 08:54 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove this car expecting to not be impressed and I was completely wrong. It looks great, feels great, is very luxurious, and has a lot more pick- up speed than the 250 suggests. I couldn't believe what the base model came with. The comperable BMW didn't even have leather and you had to pay a significant amount more for basic features.

2008 IS 250 AWD (6A)
By Steve on 01/16/08 08:29 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent car. Really hugs the road, quick acceleration (not as peppy as the 350, but enough for a 36 year old). I was in the market for a "Certified Pre-Owned" 2006 or 2007, and ended up getting a new one for a few thousand more. Tells me they keep their resale value moreso than others I compared it to.

Fun to drive
By VinDee on 01/15/08 16:15 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at the Mercedes c300 first but opted for the IS 250 instead. I have owned the IS 250 for 2 months now and the car is fun to drive. The 250 does get good gas mileage also. Rear seat legroom is minimal. One drawback is the paint. Already chipping on the front. I've owned other cars for years before the painted started to chip.

Sexy, Sporty, Smooth Ride
By Jessica Gwinn on 01/08/08 08:05 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Perfect daily driver. Quick, quiet, nimble ride. All-leather cabin is sumptuous and extremely comfortable. Much nicer than BMW in this price class.

Great Overall Car and Value
By TS on 01/02/08 10:50 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful car all around. I added the HID headlights, XM radio, vent seats, and wood trim. The base models come pretty well loaded. While not a pure sports car, it has found a perfect balance between luxury and sportiness. The ride is as quiet and smooth as can be. When you test drive it, be sure to take in on some bumpy roads. You will feel the difference. I am 6'1" and still fit comfortably into the front seats. No one can fit into the back seat behind me though. The trunk, while not very big, was able to fit my ice hockey goalie equipment. I also test drove the Mercedes 300, BMW 325XI, loaded '08 Honda Accord V-6 Coupe among others. In my opinion, the best value for your money.

Awesome vehicle!
By EJ on 12/20/07 08:22 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Before this purchase, I was also researching the Acura TSX. The Lexus got me hooked. Great ride, good power, and awesome styling. There is nothing on the road that looks like it! A lot of standard features including high ticket safety items that are optional on other makes.

Great Car
By Dablaze on 11/26/07 08:07 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I just purchased an 2008 IS 250, and I love the car. Me being 16, I love any car but this car is so fun to drive and it is very comfortable! I installed the spyder wheels and the billet grille, which i highly reccomend!

Great overall car, highly suggested
By Ennertia.com on 11/21/07 18:47 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

For the price of a base, it's a great overall value for a luxury vehicle. I purchased only the leather package with automatic. Handles well, lovely interior (doesn't feel like plastic) which is important for me. I take clients out in this vehicle with good overall feedback. Base sound system is decent, includes as base a 6CD changer. Previous car was a Acura 3.2TL with a premium package; only difference I've found is that the Lexus handles better, smaller and maneuvers like a small car.

Sweet deal
By phast on 11/20/07 16:42 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I can't say I've ever owned a BMW or Audi (though I have driven them), so take note. I can say, however, that I love the IS 250 AWD. Looks great on the inside and the outside and drives well too. It may not be the 500HP BMW M5, but it has zip and the handling is phenomenal. The fuel economy is a bit on the low side, at about 22MPG for my driving. In extended highway driving (even avg. 90MPH) I've gotten the avg. up to 27.5mpg, so I think that the 26MPG # is a bit low. No complaints so far... except that it's too damn much fun to drive.

2008 IS 250
By Ibycus on 11/12/07 10:45 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love everything about this car. The base model is loaded and I only upgraded the wheels, headlights and added a spoiler. I purchased the Matador Red and it's just sexy. I look forward to my drive to work now!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan in WA is:

$168 per month*