Used 2008 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

NICE!!!
By Jo-el

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I decided this car over the 3 series and A4. I'm glad I made the right choice for myself. This is a big upgrade from my last car. I had an 05 Accord. I like so many things about the car. From its looks to the interior , the handling and comfort. I have 2 kids (2 year old and 7 year old) and they fit fine with enough room. They even say its a cool car. The only downside is the acceleration and that doesn't matter much to me because I'm not racing but it still carries more then enough to be around the city. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who is interested in getting one because the reviews helped me as well to purchase this car.

The navigation system, looks, paddle shifting, interior.

More HP but enough for most people and myself

"LUV IT"
By Tlynn

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus and it's awesome. I owned a BMW 325 and planned to get another one. After test driving the Lexus IS250, I was hooked. The comfort and smooth ride beats won me over!

Comfortable seats, sporty look, you get a lot of bells and whistles for your money, pretty good gas mileage.

A little more power during take off and move the homelink system to a diffferent location. (tends to tilt rear-view mirror)

Bang for the buck
By Tony

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The overall design is a major style improvement from the previous model; now it looks more like a luxury vehicle. I think it's a great car for the money spent. People mistake this car as a sports vehicle; it's not. Consider it more of a luxury commuter. The car has lackluster performance but it is sacrificed for fuel economy. I have no regrets.

Keyless entry, well designed interior, white interior lights, comfortable cabin.

12volt should be in a position to have the shoulder rest not opened, improved torque and horsepower, better MP3 disc cd interface. The vehicle suffers from major BLIND SPOTS due to the exterior design rising towards the rear. The huge mirrors don't compensate very much; it's hard to back in.

Everything perfect but the brakes
By Massimo Osti

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My Lexus is two month old and I'm very happy about my choice. I considered the Acura TSX and the Infiniti G35 but I went for the Lexus because I liked the design and wanted the 4WD. My only complaint is about the brakes: lots of dust on the rims of the front wheels and noise when you depress the brake pedal. This latter problem is rather annoying: every time I came to a stop and then release the brake pedal to move again the front brakes make a noise. I took the car to the dealer and they lubricated all the wheels but the problem still persists. I wonder if anybody else driving this car has had same problems.

4WD, exterior and interior finishing, comfort and quietness.

Brakes, brakes, brakes

2008 IS 250 RWD
By Bean Counter

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

First of all, is a 250, not a 350. I understand there is a minimal acceleration when I purchased the vehicle. I donít EXPECT power or complaint lack of HP. If I did want HP, I spend another 4k. Vehicle engine is smooth; hardly notice any gears shift. Take turn with barely any body roll. Handling feels light and responsive and braking are good for a 250V6. Interior design is good, does not look cheap, except for the dash board. Lots of gadget available with the vehicle options/no options. This is a compact sedan, adequate interior space unless youíre 6+ ft. then gets something bigger. Overall, 250 for luxury commuting w/ great comfort and safety.

Touch navi, rear camera, ventilate seats, bluetooth phone (CA law).

Pretty satisfied for a 250.