Used 2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

More fun than a Beemer.
By KBoucher

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I drove almost every comparable car over the two months prior to purchasing the Lexus IS 250 RWD with the 6 speed manual. My last few vehicles had 300 hp (Infiniti and BMW) but putting it to the pavement was not as much fun as with the Lexus 2.5L V6 6M. All I can say is that with the 6 speed manual transmission, the car is actually a well balanced fun car to drive. I drove a few automatics and didn't get the same feeling in the car. Also, I have upgraded lowering springs, cold air intake, catback exhaust, short throw shifter, 19 inch IS-F rims, and added a spoiler. The added power and greatly improved exhaust sound makes the car truly more fun than the BMW 335i or Infiniti G35

Favorite Features

Smooth revving engine matched perfectly to the 6 speed manual gearbox. Excellent fit and finish with many standard options.

Suggested Improvements

Drink holder is really in the way; can't shift gears with anything in the holder. Better iPod connectivity with full control capable from the dash would be preferred.

Recommended
By XSam

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had many sporty vehicles in the past. This is an excellent bottom-line & all-around sedan. Good looks, comfort, sport, safety, fuel economy.

Favorite Features

AWD; keyless operation; dash display.

Suggested Improvements

Lower seats. Better power button position.

WOW
By Leo C

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus and I upgraded from a car that is no longer available. I was first attracted to the car when I drove a friend of mine's car. Overall this is a great car. I agree that there are more powerful cars out there, but I wanted better gas mileage and less power. If more power is needed then the IS 350 is available. On the vehicle there is a POWER switch that changes the shift differential with a notable power increase. If you are looking, you may want to try this and save your self $4K.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry, Bluetooth, navi (sort of), back up camera, AC seats, bargain power.

Suggested Improvements

Although I like the navi mostly, I travel to some areas that may not have all the roads. In areas that are covered, the system is incredible, but please at least cover every road in the US. I also think that a new DVD should be sent to owners yearly to include updates (for free).

Very Classy Car! Love it.
By Valerie

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the IS 250 in February with 8 miles on it. I love it so much. The only thing that i would love more about this car, is if the thermostat were hotter and the fan blew as good as the air conditioner. Other than it is wonderful, and i would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature has to be the speed light. You can set it at any speed and when you pass that speed, the light comes on, to signal you to slow down. The IS 250 has everything that i like.

Suggested Improvements

The thermostat needs to be hotter, and the fan needs to blow as well as the air conditioner.

NICE!!!
By Jo-el

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I decided this car over the 3 series and A4. I'm glad I made the right choice for myself. This is a big upgrade from my last car. I had an 05 Accord. I like so many things about the car. From its looks to the interior , the handling and comfort. I have 2 kids (2 year old and 7 year old) and they fit fine with enough room. They even say its a cool car. The only downside is the acceleration and that doesn't matter much to me because I'm not racing but it still carries more then enough to be around the city. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who is interested in getting one because the reviews helped me as well to purchase this car.

Favorite Features

The navigation system, looks, paddle shifting, interior.

Suggested Improvements

More HP but enough for most people and myself