2008 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
Great Choice
By Brent on 04/04/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for 1 month and it's been a blast to drive. I really like the interior and exterior styling and it has a very smooth ride to it. I looked at the G-35 and BMW 325 but you get more for the dollar on the lexus IS 250. Never really paid attention to Lexus before, but this is a great quality car. 31.7 MPG highway and 26 mixed. A 15 min test drive is not enough as I had to go back to drive it again. It took me several days to get used to driving this car.

Great car for the money
By carfreak on 03/28/08 06:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased by IS 250 two days ago and I love it. I traded an 07 Acura TL, but I drove the Mercedes C300, Audi A4 and VW Fahrenheit GLI. Glad I chose the IS 250 even though the horsepower is lacking and doesn't compare to the TL I had. I got an excellent deal on this car and the base model is loaded with everything I needed. I did get one with HID, 18" tires and upgraded rims and a few other items. Drive it and you'll want one for sure!

Awesome Car!
By jules8174 on 03/28/08 06:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a great car so far. It looks great and feels great. It doesn't make a sound when it's on. The interior is also of extreme quality which makes everyday driving an experience to look forward to! I highly recommend this car.

Great Car
By Nick on 03/24/08 14:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this car going on a month. Great car. Test drove the G35 and c300. Picked the IS 250 because of Lexus reliability and looks.

Great car except for the Nav System
By Karim on 03/23/08 15:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car a week ago, what a fun car to drive! It handled extremely well in the snow, AWD is great. I love the leather seats, smart key, radio. Paddle shifters are fun. Handles unbelievably!! However, the experience that has been awsome in everyway was dissipated when i found out that several nav system available while the car is parked become inaccessible when the car is in motion. In the name of safety according to lexus. If I were to agree that lexus can be my mother, I resent paying $2600 for a system that is literally crippled in my mind when the vehicle is motion. Save yourselves the money get the car without nav and by a $100 3rd party nav system instead.

IS 250 Buyer's Remorse
By Kat on 03/14/08 06:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The handling on this car is great. It is very reliable and stable at high speeds. The interior is a bit small but feels and looks luxurious. The horsepower is too low - it is missing that extra kick at acceleration. The standard audio system is bad quality; my Bose system in my 96 Maxima was 100% better. The bass is very weak and listening to music became a nuisance in this car. The car makes a weird sound from the rear passenger wheel which I told was normal. Overall, the car operates a bit noisy. The IS 250 is a nice car but I feel I could have gotten a better deal for the money spent.

Fun Car to Drive
By SBK on 03/11/08 16:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car last month, what a fun car to drive! It handled extremely well in th snow, AWD is great. I love the leather seats, smart key, radio. Paddle shifters are fun. Handles unbelievably!!

Great Little Car
By RV on 02/26/08 20:59 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

From an SUV to an IS and I don't miss a thing. The IS is a funny car that packs a good punch and its not a bad looker either.

Lexus IS 250 AWD Handling Dream
By Criticfilm on LEXUS on 02/22/08 06:23 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is an early review, I just purchased my new 2008 Lexus IS 250 AWD, Starfire Pearl. BMW 325i owner, so standards were high, researched and drove 2008 BMW 328i, Audi A4, Infiniti G35, all excellent cars, tough decision. IS 250 needs more power, but overall great handling, love styling, features great, excellent service and prestigious!

IS 250 AWD
By classact on 02/16/08 19:48 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought this car. Styling, leather seats, radio, all creature comforts are great. Do not buy this car if you do not like the ride and feel of low profile tires. The ride is bumpy on the highway, and I can feel every uneven road surface and pothole . I'm very disappointed with my purchase. A 10 - 15 minute test drive was not enough time to get the true feel of this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.