Used 2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Like driving a swan
By Kasha Knishes

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

A friend says I look like I'm driving a swan. Lovely Princess Shinjouku is Starfire Pearl, with Cashmere leather. Shinjouku is not nearly as ergonometric as my beloved Volvo, Lars (murdered by a Sequoia driven by a fool who ran a redlight at 80+ mph.). And the design is not as evolved. Doors & trunk drip inside when opened. I'm very agile, but have trouble getting out of the car. The car feels heavy, and the doors have the most amazingly precise and plush sound when they close. I cannot use the sound system. It hurts my ears. I bought for Prestige/reliability/safety/cost to own/beauty. Shinjouku is definitely beautiful: the prettiest Lexus yet. Just wish it were safer and quieter.

The beauty of the car. Absolute reliability (so far). Prestige, Fantastic mpg (30.6 overall, for me). Digital mileage display(s). The 'split 5-spoke' wheels are the least tacky of any currently being sold. Being pampered at the dealership. I'm hooked on the VIP treatment.

Please delete sunroofs from 'standard options'. Please delete ghetto stereos from 'standard options'. Even with base and mid-range turned totally down, the sound system hurts my ears. I do not want to "feel" the music. Please make the car quieter and safer. I was expecting Lexus-level silence.

Well pleased
By MONI

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

So pleased with my car. Sleek, sharp eye catcher! I keep her clean, no rain hits my baby. I love the design, the metallic paint is awesome and there is a ECT button you hit if you want more speed and power. Driving on the interstate is great. Quiet cabin, Mark Levinson stereo system.

Great stereo system, keyless entry, sporty wheels and dual temp control.

Lose the front cup holders, make navigation system standard and identify "which tire" has a problem instead of "check tires".

Needs more power
By tim

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car is a luxury cruiser more than a sports sedan. to me it just doesn't compare to anything European unfortunately. The technology and features however are great and it is definitely an extremely comfortable car. I recommend using the sportshift mode, the power mode and turning off traction to get the most fun out of this vehicle. If I had to choose again I'd save a little longer and get the 350 if I had the choice.

Keyless entry sound system sport shift, paddle shifters

USB connectivity, much more power needed, 250+ at least

After 1 Year
By JacquesB

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car!! It handles excellent and the quality is very high. I have hit 37 mpg on the freeway just last week after filling up and thats with 6200 miles on the car. I do take care of my vehicles and maintain the oil changes. I do not race the car as it is only a 2.5L V-6 with 204 bhp. So, you out there that own one knows exactly what I'm speaking of. The car is not for racing. But it does hold its value in the market. Over-all, I give the car a 9 out of 10.

The paddle shifters. Rev up the RPM and you have a little spit fire on your hands.

Power-telescopic steering wheel in all Lexus models. With memory! One more cup holder for the passenger, hidden somewhere on the passenger side.

Great Car, Best in Class.
By Len

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

A wonderful car, equal or better than all its German competition. A pleasure to drive. My choice after testing new BMW 330i, Audi A4, Mercedes 280c. Now after owning for one year I know I made the right choice. Have not even visited the dealer since purchasing in Feb 2008. Very highly recommended car. Weak points: GPS lacks features like Garmin and TomTom ability to download POIs and traffic/speed camera locations. Even with the expensive GPS I still need to use my Garmin.

Everything! Mainly the rear camera and good sound system, cooled and heated seats, Key-less entry, lovely and easy to read instruments. I need spectacles to read, but can read all instruments on this car without any spectacles, day or night. With small updates this can be the best ever car.

Remove "I Agree" on GPS at start up. Include traffic camera locations on GPS. Enable window and moon roof operation while key present in vehicle. Follow BMW with dealer customization of customer requirements, like "time out duration" on seat belt or other buzzer warnings.