2008 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
Perfect Marriage of Luxury and Sport
By Birdman46077 on 05/10/08 06:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Full disclosure: I am an engineer with 20+ years of quality experience, so I am very picky. This car is the perfect marriage of luxury and sports car. The build quality is very apparent, both inside and out. It is extremely quiet and smooth, although the suspension is a tad stiff on rougher roads. The paint is absolutely beautiful. Picking a color is the toughest decision, once you decide to buy. The engine will not impress true sports car enthusiasts, but I think Lexus hit the nail on the head by combining "very good" performance with "great" gas mileage. I'm getting 28 MPG consistently.

Sexy lexy
By JS on 05/09/08 14:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Smooth ride, very mature looking car. Factory Body kit adds a nice touch to it, Get the factory xm tuner box if yours doesnt have it for a clean and invisible footprint. It interfaces with the touch screen. All the wires are waiting for it! Save yourself the $900 installation cost if you are someone who isn't afraid of d.i.y and the plastic christmas tree panel clips :) Uses premium gas, but not a guzzler.

Awesome Car
By NJ on 04/30/08 19:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car about 5 days ago after deciding to trade in my 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe due to rising gas prices. I agree with several other peoples posts in regards to test driving this car just wasn't enough. After 5 days of owning this car I can honestly say that it is AWESOME. I commute in the Bay Area everyday and this car is by far the best I could have bought. The gas mileage is great, the luxury features are wonderful and the car looks/drives like a dream! Please keep in mind that I came from a 6,000lb SUV to this small Lexus sedan. I was very worried about the drastic change in vehicles and that I wouln't like being in a sedan. I have 0 buyers remorse and don't miss my SUV at all.

... so far, so good!
By IS 4 KC on 04/26/08 18:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought my IS250 1 week ago and so far it's been great! I have heard some complaints on how the initial pick up is lagging some, but I have yet to feel inadequate upon "take off". It's a smooth ride and really fun to drive. The navigation system takes a little getting used to-- it's really just a matter of getting the lingo down. I have the tan interior, which tends to get dirty rather quickly, but the perma-plate guard that they put on seems to be keeping the dirt off. The only thing I can complain about is the slightly small back seat (but hey, i'm not sitting in the back!!)and the blind spots. Other than that, I love it!

Very good - but not great
By bringbackmalcolm on 04/23/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2005 Acura TL for the Lexus. I feel like I've from cream to half&half. Don't get me wrong, this is a very good car, and it was the AWD at a reasonable cost that sold me. The interior is beautifully well crafted, but not as ergonomically friendly as the Acura. You feel more road irregularities, but if were expecting not to you bought the wrong car. My biggist gripe (and I hate to keep comparing the TL) is the Manual/Sport shift. Nowhere near as seamless as the Acura. Even worse is when you move your shifter over into that mode, the default gear is 4th - rather than the gear you were in. Pretty abrupt if your in 6th, which this car has you in most of the time.

Nice!!
By lji on 04/17/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car a week and a half ago and really like what the car has to offer. Test drove a 335i sedan, infiniti g37, and an acura tl and tl type s. Went with the Lexus due to interior quality and richness and value compared to the bimmer. Coming from an Acura TL, the learning curve on using the nav system is huge. Toyota (Lexus) can learn quite a bit from how Honda (Acura) has implemented their nav interface. Drives like a charm, although I wish the steering would tighten up a bit at highway speeds. It would be nice to deactivate VSC and TCS while driving instead of bringing the car to a stop first. There is definitely room for improvement on the car. Fix the nav operation, add mem seats!

I love it
By Jen on 04/09/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car because I needed an AWD vehicle but did not want an SUV. Test drove the Audi A4 but went with the Lexus b/c of reliability. This car is fun to drive and has made my commute more enjoyable. It needs more power. In the Power mode, it's a dream but in regular mode, it's quite sluggish. The ride itself is smooth and the interior is comfortable. I'm getting used to the brakes - I'm used to pressing the brake and coming to an immediate standstill, the brakes on the Lexus tend to "glide" a little more. The back seat is small but my 2 kids (age 9 and 3) don't seem to mind. Handles like a dream. Fuel economy is great. I love it!

Great car
By caldad on 04/06/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was very impressed with the drivability of this car compared to the BMW and I'm looking forward to lower maintenance costs than my BMW or Audi. Comfy ride yet still good road feel so I know what's going on. Nice and quiet. Smooth transmission even with performance driving. Paddle shifters are convenient and give confidence when performance driving. Heated and cooled seats are very nice.

Great Choice
By Brent on 04/04/08 14:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this car for 1 month and it's been a blast to drive. I really like the interior and exterior styling and it has a very smooth ride to it. I looked at the G-35 and BMW 325 but you get more for the dollar on the lexus IS 250. Never really paid attention to Lexus before, but this is a great quality car. 31.7 MPG highway and 26 mixed. A 15 min test drive is not enough as I had to go back to drive it again. It took me several days to get used to driving this car.

Great car for the money
By carfreak on 03/28/08 06:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased by IS 250 two days ago and I love it. I traded an 07 Acura TL, but I drove the Mercedes C300, Audi A4 and VW Fahrenheit GLI. Glad I chose the IS 250 even though the horsepower is lacking and doesn't compare to the TL I had. I got an excellent deal on this car and the base model is loaded with everything I needed. I did get one with HID, 18" tires and upgraded rims and a few other items. Drive it and you'll want one for sure!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Lexus IS 250 in NJ is:

$232 per month*