Used 2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Big Disappointment!
By truth

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I have been leasing an IS250 for 2 years. It is very hard for me to decide where to start my review of this car since it has been the worst car I have ever experienced. We fell for the good sporty looks and the large screen navigation system it has. Unfortunately the joy ended after a few days of driving it on the road in real life. Let me tell you, this car has the worst ride you can imagine. You feel every pebble on the road. After a long ride you literally feel nauseated. We both are only 5’-6’’ tall and we still feel cramped in this car. The seats are small and it is very difficult to find a comfortable seating position in this car. The wind noise is really bad too.

Navigation System, Audio System, Bluetooth

Overall Ride, Climate Control, Interior Space, Seats Comfort, Wind Noise, Tires must last as rated

Overall Happy Customer
By Trinh

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the IS250 Sport! It has a great look, sporty yet comfortable. Lots a cool features and fun to drive. It's an overall excellent car in its class.

Keyless entry, the sporty look, sound system & very quiet to drive.

More storage space, more back room, more gas mileage.

Brakes
By ok suk

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I also had a problem with my brakes. When I back up the brakes squeak. With less than 10000 miles I'm sure it's not the brake pads. If it is, I would be disappointed. I enjoy the smooth ride. The cabin is tight, power is acceptable & the gas mileage is excellent.

Class that the others do not have
By Class

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I decided to purchase a pre-owned car I was looking at the class above the IS 250. I was looking at the Lexus gs, BMW 5 and audi a6. When my sales rep showed me the is 250 I fell in love with the way it looked. It has class that none of the others has. I traded in my 3 and after 27 days driving this car you can not compare the two. IS 250 is a perfect blend of fun and comfort...the BMW was fun only.

Keyless entry, stereo system, comfortable seats.

Smaller key.

Good overall Lexus
By EJ

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is not a bad car at all setting aside from numerous dealership visits within the 25k miles I have clocked with this vehicle. The engine is very smooth, quiet yet not as powerful as I would like, even with the manual transmission. The down points for this car is various suspension noises & horrible manual transmission/factory flywheel combo. At about 5000 miles, the manual transmission had to be replaced. Right after, various TSB's were performed for interior noises & passenger side front A-Pillar head air bag cover was replaced. Now I hear clanking in the suspension area when going over any type of bump or road imperfection. Also, interior plastic clips are getting loose which make noise.

Good technology for the cheapest Lexus. I like the push button start & instrument cluster illumination. Stock stereo is good but made up for by using 13 speakers.

Lexus needs to improve build quality for the IS. The quirks needs to be fixed so Lexus can keep their motto of "Passionate Pursuit of Perfection".