2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
Very practical
By car enthusiast on 07/06/08 23:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is not my type of car, but I must say it's great for a luxury sedan. To start off with some negative points, it lacks on acceleration and power, rear legroom can be a problem, and the steering is a little too light. What I liked about it is the electronic gizmos and its great styling inside and out. It also has a good fuel economy. And it seems like I find out about a new hidden feature everyday.

Lexus Quality
By micphatty on 07/06/08 12:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

We have only owned our IS 250 AWD for a few weeks and we love it! Smooth ride, superb styling inside and out, plenty enough horsepower, outstanding sound system, and not to forget, Lexus service... Initially we were concerned with the tight back seat; however, it is more than enough space to accommodate our little one around town. You will definitely get noticed on the road when riding around in this sporty sedan!

Nice Ride
By Chainhosa on 06/30/08 09:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my fully loaded Lexus IS250 with Xpack a few days ago. The driving characteristics of this car are wonderful. The same level of quality, comfort, and technology you would expect from Lexus with the added "pop" of a sportier car. I evaluated this car and a BMW 3-series and this won out easily - quality, ride, and efficiency. The BMW has better engine sound but you can add F-accessories to the IS if you really need the sound. Handling is better on the IS. Fuel economy is wonderful in the 25 range which is excellent for a spank'n new car and fairly aggressive driving. Smokey Granite Ext and Light Grey Int is a sharp look. I love the car will drive it for year

This car is excellent
By tom didonato on 06/21/08 12:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned 7 BMWs, and currently own the 325xi. The Lexus does not have the reputation of BMW but trust me this is a great car. It is fun to drive and incredibly comfortable. Navigation, and sound system as well as ventilated seats are distinguishing features. I went to Lexus because their dealerships are second to none and their cars have earned the reputation as totally reliable. If this car gets 25 more horses and a slightly larger back seat it will surpass BMW. This is a sweet car for the money.

Awesome
By LexusLover on 06/14/08 16:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Superb handling, awesome looks. What more could I ask for? My only complaint is the... wait, I don't have any!

Hot fire.
By DS on 06/12/08 09:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I just got this car as a graduation present and it is amazing. I used to drive a New Beetle so i'm used to smaller cars. This is the perfect size, has amazing handling, and the GPS/nav is worth every penny.

Smooth, quiet, quality, fun to drive
By Natroth on 06/09/08 22:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Brief: a medium sized high technology, luxury sports car which will have 1 or 2 people in it most of the time. I researched and drove BMW, Audi and Mercedes before settling on Lexus. I was upgrading from a SAAB convertible. To compare the cars, you need to spec up each car equally, which I did. The Lexus is the best value by many thousands of dollars. The car is a powerful, smooth quiet ride if that is what you are looking for. My average speed around Sydney is 38 kph so top end performance is nice to brag about but not a decision maker. Add an extra year's warranty and a world rating of most reliable car and you have some very good reasons for buying an IS250. It exceeds the brief!

Tight Car
By Alpha on 06/04/08 05:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The IS 250 handles tight around corners, accelerates great on highway. A bit of a delay from a stop, but kicks in real nice, with a sweet hum. The nav got some bad reviews, but I think its great. If you get the nav, take advantage and learn the voice commands! Interior is top quality. Love the leather (a/c seats), and how the dash isn't curved out. It's flat so front has good leg room. Saw some complaints about rear seat room. If you plan on ppl sitting in the back a lot, then you probably need a mini-van! Back seats are actually comfortable, but small with leg room. The exterior is the best! Lines are smooth where they should be and hard to give distinct Lexus style. Front is mean $ stylish!

Excellent choice without navigation
By Barry on 06/01/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car packed with amenities, exceptionally smooth driving, fun to drive in manual mode with paddle shifters. I recommend the all wheel drive version for superb handling. All controls such as audio, climate and navigation are easy to use with the touch screen. Very economical on gas 22.8 city driving and 32.5 on a short 200 road trip. My only complaint is the navigation system, I don't feel it is Lexus's place to decide when I or my passenger can use the system, it greys out and can't be used while in motion no other automakers that I'm aware of do this. IMO don't buy the navigation sysem until Lexus changes their policy.

Best Car Ever!
By jim on 05/17/08 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for a month and this is the best car I have ever owned. I have owned 40 cars in my life and have driven everything. This car is light years ahead of them all. I drive all over the country and experience all sorts of driving conditions and believe me, this is the car to drive. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants economy, luxury and sport wrapped in one package.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.