Used 2008 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Overall Happy Customer
By Trinh

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the IS250 Sport! It has a great look, sporty yet comfortable. Lots a cool features and fun to drive. It's an overall excellent car in its class.

Keyless entry, the sporty look, sound system & very quiet to drive.

More storage space, more back room, more gas mileage.

Brakes
By ok suk

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I also had a problem with my brakes. When I back up the brakes squeak. With less than 10000 miles I'm sure it's not the brake pads. If it is, I would be disappointed. I enjoy the smooth ride. The cabin is tight, power is acceptable & the gas mileage is excellent.

Class that the others do not have
By Class

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I decided to purchase a pre-owned car I was looking at the class above the IS 250. I was looking at the Lexus gs, BMW 5 and audi a6. When my sales rep showed me the is 250 I fell in love with the way it looked. It has class that none of the others has. I traded in my 3 and after 27 days driving this car you can not compare the two. IS 250 is a perfect blend of fun and comfort...the BMW was fun only.

Keyless entry, stereo system, comfortable seats.

Smaller key.

Good overall Lexus
By EJ

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is not a bad car at all setting aside from numerous dealership visits within the 25k miles I have clocked with this vehicle. The engine is very smooth, quiet yet not as powerful as I would like, even with the manual transmission. The down points for this car is various suspension noises & horrible manual transmission/factory flywheel combo. At about 5000 miles, the manual transmission had to be replaced. Right after, various TSB's were performed for interior noises & passenger side front A-Pillar head air bag cover was replaced. Now I hear clanking in the suspension area when going over any type of bump or road imperfection. Also, interior plastic clips are getting loose which make noise.

Good technology for the cheapest Lexus. I like the push button start & instrument cluster illumination. Stock stereo is good but made up for by using 13 speakers.

Lexus needs to improve build quality for the IS. The quirks needs to be fixed so Lexus can keep their motto of "Passionate Pursuit of Perfection".

Like driving a swan
By Kasha Knishes

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

A friend says I look like I'm driving a swan. Lovely Princess Shinjouku is Starfire Pearl, with Cashmere leather. Shinjouku is not nearly as ergonometric as my beloved Volvo, Lars (murdered by a Sequoia driven by a fool who ran a redlight at 80+ mph.). And the design is not as evolved. Doors & trunk drip inside when opened. I'm very agile, but have trouble getting out of the car. The car feels heavy, and the doors have the most amazingly precise and plush sound when they close. I cannot use the sound system. It hurts my ears. I bought for Prestige/reliability/safety/cost to own/beauty. Shinjouku is definitely beautiful: the prettiest Lexus yet. Just wish it were safer and quieter.

The beauty of the car. Absolute reliability (so far). Prestige, Fantastic mpg (30.6 overall, for me). Digital mileage display(s). The 'split 5-spoke' wheels are the least tacky of any currently being sold. Being pampered at the dealership. I'm hooked on the VIP treatment.

Please delete sunroofs from 'standard options'. Please delete ghetto stereos from 'standard options'. Even with base and mid-range turned totally down, the sound system hurts my ears. I do not want to "feel" the music. Please make the car quieter and safer. I was expecting Lexus-level silence.