2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
After 1 Year
By JacquesB on 02/13/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car!! It handles excellent and the quality is very high. I have hit 37 mpg on the freeway just last week after filling up and thats with 6200 miles on the car. I do take care of my vehicles and maintain the oil changes. I do not race the car as it is only a 2.5L V-6 with 204 bhp. So, you out there that own one knows exactly what I'm speaking of. The car is not for racing. But it does hold its value in the market. Over-all, I give the car a 9 out of 10.

Great Car, Best in Class.
By Len on 01/24/09 06:25 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

A wonderful car, equal or better than all its German competition. A pleasure to drive. My choice after testing new BMW 330i, Audi A4, Mercedes 280c. Now after owning for one year I know I made the right choice. Have not even visited the dealer since purchasing in Feb 2008. Very highly recommended car. Weak points: GPS lacks features like Garmin and TomTom ability to download POIs and traffic/speed camera locations. Even with the expensive GPS I still need to use my Garmin.

Good car
By Ming on 12/30/08 23:22 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's a very nice car. Lots a cool features. Power is ok, but then again, my other car is 270hp Toyota. I get a lot of heads turned my way. The exterior design is just awesome. With the combination of a black color, it just looks so intimidating.

Happy to Own!
By Marcia on 11/29/08 23:08 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This was an upgrade from a 95 Dodge Neon, so it didn't take much to make me happy. Very happy driving my new car!

More fun than a Beemer.
By KBoucher on 11/29/08 19:41 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I drove almost every comparable car over the two months prior to purchasing the Lexus IS 250 RWD with the 6 speed manual. My last few vehicles had 300 hp (Infiniti and BMW) but putting it to the pavement was not as much fun as with the Lexus 2.5L V6 6M. All I can say is that with the 6 speed manual transmission, the car is actually a well balanced fun car to drive. I drove a few automatics and didn't get the same feeling in the car. Also, I have upgraded lowering springs, cold air intake, catback exhaust, short throw shifter, 19 inch IS-F rims, and added a spoiler. The added power and greatly improved exhaust sound makes the car truly more fun than the BMW 335i or Infiniti G35

Recommended
By XSam on 11/21/08 09:07 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had many sporty vehicles in the past. This is an excellent bottom-line & all-around sedan. Good looks, comfort, sport, safety, fuel economy.

WOW
By Leo C on 11/18/08 04:27 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus and I upgraded from a car that is no longer available. I was first attracted to the car when I drove a friend of mine's car. Overall this is a great car. I agree that there are more powerful cars out there, but I wanted better gas mileage and less power. If more power is needed then the IS 350 is available. On the vehicle there is a POWER switch that changes the shift differential with a notable power increase. If you are looking, you may want to try this and save your self $4K.

Very Classy Car! Love it.
By Valerie on 11/14/08 08:29 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the IS 250 in February with 8 miles on it. I love it so much. The only thing that i would love more about this car, is if the thermostat were hotter and the fan blew as good as the air conditioner. Other than it is wonderful, and i would recommend this car to anyone.

NICE!!!
By Jo-el on 09/05/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I decided this car over the 3 series and A4. I'm glad I made the right choice for myself. This is a big upgrade from my last car. I had an 05 Accord. I like so many things about the car. From its looks to the interior , the handling and comfort. I have 2 kids (2 year old and 7 year old) and they fit fine with enough room. They even say its a cool car. The only downside is the acceleration and that doesn't matter much to me because I'm not racing but it still carries more then enough to be around the city. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who is interested in getting one because the reviews helped me as well to purchase this car.

"LUV IT"
By Tlynn on 09/05/08 06:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus and it's awesome. I owned a BMW 325 and planned to get another one. After test driving the Lexus IS250, I was hooked. The comfort and smooth ride beats won me over!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.