Used 2007 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
Luxury: YES... Sport: NOT REALLY
By Evan

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I used to own a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe that was badly rear-ended and decided to start fresh with a different car. For the money, you get a lot of bang for the buck with the 2007 Lexus IS 250 - LOTS of standard luxury features, a comfortable interior with upgraded materials and a visually striking exterior. The steering, performance and overall handling of the IS 250 is not nearly as crisp as it could be. All in all, the IS 250 will get you where you want to go in peaceful harmony. For those who hunger for more performance and better handling: get the IS 350 with the available sport-tuned suspension. Overall, you will find the IS 250 to be a great value.

Favorite Features

Push-button Smart Access; Puddle Lamps; 13-speaker standard radio has good sound; instrument panel with several driver info features, HID/AFS headlights; adequate power for everyday driving = good fuel economy; lots of luxury and safety features, very smooth ride; GREAT looking car inside and out!

Suggested Improvements

The TORQUE needs to be adjusted to peak at lower rpms - there is more than enough horsepower, but low-end torque (from 0 - 40 mpg) could be a lot better! The electric steering is very numb - needs to be sport-tuned! Include A/C ON/OFF with temperature and fan blower speed controls on steering wheel.

1 year review of Lexus IS 250. B+
By Barrysentials

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's been a year now since I bought my IS 250 and while it doesn't blow me away, I really do like the car. I had a rattle problem with my dash - it came from the center speaker. The dealer ended up replacing my whole top dash and now it's much quieter, but I'm also getting those loud pops that others are getting. I find the ride very bumpy on bad LA freeways. The suspension seems way too tight. Had a BMW 328i before, and while this doesn't handle as well of course, it has more interior comforts. I still love the styling and get lots of great comments. Gas mileage is perhaps better than stated. On smooth roads, fun to drive. For the $, it's still hard to beat, but I was expecting more.

Favorite Features

This car really is hot and sexy. Nice interior layout and features. Keyless entry is great. PG gas mileage for car class. Heated and cooled seats are great. Base stereo system is VG.

Suggested Improvements

Obvious build problem with rattles in dashboard, reported by many owners. Lexus dealer service is fair at best. Driver seat memory should be standard, but is only option at top level. Automatic heat/AC is a pain. Outside thermometer is off 10 degrees.

I love this car
By LouisM

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had this car over a year. Always driven imports and this is by far my best import car yet. Gas was at 4 dollars and this takes premium so I went with 2.5 instead of 3.5. This has a lot of power still and zips through traffic phenomenally. I enjoy this as a daily driver and now have 20K on this clean ride. Love the S curves and everyone loves the interior when they sit in it for drives. Little crowded in the back but hey its still a sports sedan. I use my mp3 player in it all the time. Great leather seats and navigation is a must with reverse camera! The tail is high when reversing without a camera. Slight road noise with Potenzas. I love the sport steering, great U turns and stops on a dime!

Favorite Features

I love the navi, wood grain, sleek and sporty. This is a great great daily driver. I hate putting miles on it. Awesome sound system!

Suggested Improvements

Emergency brake! It's down by your feet. I want to do stunts. Cup holders are in the way for auto trans I would hate to have a manual.

Fun to drive, that's all
By Jewels

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My lease is expiring on my car and I'm glad it's not mine to keep. Fun car to drive, that's as much as I will give it. Extremely poor paint job, chips galore, more than normal 'wear'. Cramped and small inside. Noisiest car I've ever driven-terrible dash noises always an issue along with the sun roof. Interior console 'silver' is peeling off. I feel you're just paying for a 'name'. Btw, I drove a loaner about 2 years ago and the pedal stuck. (I just put it in n and messed with it). When I returned it, they blew me off. Just 2 mos. Ago I talked with them about the gas pedal issue and was told that Lexus doesn't have a problem with that. I just go my recall notice last week for that issue

Favorite Features

holds to the road. hot looking

Way below expectations
By WEM

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has single handedly deteriorated my impression of Lexus quality. My car has 1800 miles and has had to have the brake pads replaced due to excessive/constant squeeling after normal, flat terrain driving. The front dash has an irritating popping noise constantly that sounds like expansion which I'm told is normal and to simply accept it and we had to bring it in twice to try to find/address a rattling noise in the front driver dash. While the service dept is great - wouldn't it be better if I didn't have to go in unnecessarily to begin with? Very disappointed -- will likely not buy a Lexus again.

Favorite Features

Styling - sporty, edgy design. Hot/Cold Heat/Ventilated Seats Paint - high quality, pearl paint Keyless Entry Smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality finish (eliminate the squeaks and rattles!) If there's a known problem - fix it before you sell the car! (ie. brake pads) Memory Seats iPod hookups More storage in console (remove the ash trays)