Used 2007 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus IS 250

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

I LOVE MY IS 250
By Jackie

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love the design, all the great luxurious features, like the headlights that turn and the cooled seats. The car handles like its on rails, rides unbelievably smooth and is quiet and fast. Its by far the best and most reliable car I have ever owned. I'll take it over a BMW any day and for the price... how can you say no.

Way below expectations
By WEM

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has single handedly deteriorated my impression of Lexus quality. My car has 1800 miles and has had to have the brake pads replaced due to excessive/constant squeeling after normal, flat terrain driving. The front dash has an irritating popping noise constantly that sounds like expansion which I'm told is normal and to simply accept it and we had to bring it in twice to try to find/address a rattling noise in the front driver dash. While the service dept is great - wouldn't it be better if I didn't have to go in unnecessarily to begin with? Very disappointed -- will likely not buy a Lexus again.

Favorite Features

Styling - sporty, edgy design. Hot/Cold Heat/Ventilated Seats Paint - high quality, pearl paint Keyless Entry Smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Higher quality finish (eliminate the squeaks and rattles!) If there's a known problem - fix it before you sell the car! (ie. brake pads) Memory Seats iPod hookups More storage in console (remove the ash trays)

Is this a Lexus? Rattles and Lumpy Seat
By AZLexusIS250

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, car has been great, but I am concerned over the interior quality of the plastic and seats. Lots of rattles coming from the dash area around the navi and entire dash. Have been to several dealers to fix the squeaking, and one dealer lifted off the entire dash and reset. Now the rattles are even worse. The front seat has developed a large lump where the fan unit is located, so sitting is very uncomfortable to say the least. I am really shocked over all the issues with a $40K car, and to make matters worse, Lexus Corporate has not responded to my concerns, and the dealer has stated "this is the best we can do." I hope they will resolve, but I am doubtful now.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy, styling, stereo, features, wood dash, and mp3 player interface. Great 6 cylinder engine.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic. Get rid of the rattles and lumpy seat. Improve customer service! What is this "striving for perfection" thing all about? Most of the people who buy Lexus are professionals, and we don't have the time to live at the service department trying to get a $40K car fixed.

Looks good on outside, tiny on inside
By Lexy

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my IS 250 because of great exterior looks, although it is starting to look a lot like a 4 door Scion to me now. Inside has tighter width than other cars in its price range, and there is not much leg room in the back, especially with the drivetrain hump. There's only a single cup holder on console, and it is only large enough for a dixie cup. No place to put wallet or BlackBerry either. Why have an ash tray -- no one would want to ruin the interior with cigarette smoke! Brake dust is more than an annoyance, impossible to keep wheels clean! Underpowered. Honeymoon over. My lust for exterior went away when I sat inside and could only see flaws. I will be trading this car in soon.

Favorite Features

exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

need console where I can put essentials, eliminate brake dust, larger back seat, HID lights, trunk light

Beware: excessive squeaks and rattles
By leeg150

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had Lexus products in the past with no rattle issues, however, my IS 250 has been in the shop 21 days with 3 unsuccessful repairs regarding 6 squeaks and rattles with a car having fewer than 3000 miles. Both left and right air vents rattle. Cheap trim around NAV/GPS squeaks, pops when ambient temperatures are above 80F/27C. Rattles in doors. Rattle in rear deck area. Moonroof rattle.

Favorite Features

Lighting, GPS/nav, electronic features, style, smooth drive train system.

Suggested Improvements

Excessive squeaks and rattles, tire noise, thicker trim materials around GPS/nav, coin holder, rear leg room.