2007 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
A fun smooth sporty new classic car
By Richard on 02/08/07 18:17 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Switched from driving an A4 Quattro to this fun car. Love the drive, love the ride it is so smooth. The only down side is the navigation system cannot be controlled while in motion - most annoying if you have a passenger who can use it while you drive! It also lacks the abilty to announce street names like some stand alone units. The other down side is the rear seat does not fold down. The car is without doubt in a class of its own despite these minor anoyances. The finish is excellent and the attention to detail is fantastic. This car is loaded and drives like a dream. Try one and see!

Bargain price, top quality
By Andy Matheson on 02/06/07 18:37 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my IS 250 for 3 months and now really appreciate its qualities. Thought the car a little boring at first, especially compared to my wife's BMW 325 convertible. No doubt, the 325 is more responsive in all respects, but especially the steering response. The IS 250 is way too light and can be a little difficult on all but the smoothest of surfaces. As far as everything else is concerned, it's no contest. Gas mileage on the Lexus is far superior (a recent 700 mile round trip from Sarasota to Key West resulted in 35.5 mpg). The overall mpg over 2200 miles of ownership is 30.5 mpg. The IS 250 has the looks to turn heads.

Great ride
By jr on 02/04/07 18:08 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just got the car a couple of days ago and already love it. It's got enough power and with AWD it really hugs the road. Got the lux pack and nav sys and the bluetooth works great with my cell phone.

Great little car
By CSS on 01/26/07 08:10 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My wife chose this car but I find myself driving it every chance I get. This is the first car I own that I plan to keep for as long as I drive. Fit & finish are excellent - features and conveniences are very well thought out. Handling is sharp and precise. Suspension lets you feel the road but the cabin is ultra quiet. It truly is the best of both worlds.

A Great Car
By Joe on 01/22/07 21:31 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

In the market for a entry level performance car. Close call between the Lexus IS 250 and the BMW 328i. Quality and value finally convinced me to go with the Lexus. It has been a fun experience so far.

A really fun car
By crusty on 01/13/07 18:31 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus and while it's the bottom of the range, the attention to detail is clearly evident in the design of this vehicle. The Black Sapphire is a beautiful color, the fit and function is wonderful and the drive is tight and responsive, without being dangerously fast (like the IS 350). Chose the IS 250 over the IS 350 because I couldn't afford the speeding tickets and for the gas mileage. I'm getting about 18 mpg in SF city driving.

Perfect For Me
By the.craw on 01/09/07 05:24 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I live in the metro New York area, and usually am in the car by myself. We have one child, who is 7 years old. My wife and I are both under 5'8" tall. I think the Lexus cannot be beaten for the money. It handles very well (although I have not had the opportunity to test it in the snow), and handles much better in the rain than my 2002 Audi A4 did. The conveniences in the car are wonderful, and a BMW with a comparable feature set was about 20% more. We live in a very hilly area, I spend less than 1/2 of my time on highways, and we are getting about 24 MPG overall. This is similar to what I got on my Audi A4.

Best in Class
By jarrettblue on 01/08/07 20:43 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is great. Lexus has everything down to the finest detail - the turn signal has grooves for your fingers! The fit and finish is perfect. Pricing is better than competition. The leather is super soft, and the seats are extremely comfortable. Interior noise is negligible and the Mark L. sound system is awesome. If you're planning to buy a bimmer or c class, you owe it to yourself to test drive this car!

Yummy-
By 7485 on 01/04/07 12:19 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Several months ago, I went on a massive hunt for a 4 door 4 wheel drive car, priced under $35,000. My candidates are as follows: Lincoln MKZ, Mercury Milan, BMW 3 xi, Audi A4 Quatro, Jaguar X-Type. I am very pleased with my choice of the Lexus IS250 AWD - a loaded base car that looks and feels fantastic. The V6 mated to a 6 speed auto (with paddle shifters) purrs like a kitten. It's quite capable on the highway and corners as if on rails.

This car is a keeper
By MLG69 on 12/26/06 11:45 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

From the first test on the IS 250, I was sold on the silky tramsmission, fit and finish and quiet engine. I have had this car for less than a week and can not be more pleased. The power is a 204 HP so it is not going to jump off the line, but it is ample on the highway and remember it is that lowered HP that is more than making up at the pump. The rear seat is small, everyone comments on that but since I am single and rarely have passengers it is not a big deal for me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.