2007 Lexus IS 250 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
I LOVE MY IS!!!
By Scott on 04/20/07 13:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

I previously drove a Pontiac Bonneville, top of the line with lots of room. The reduced space of the IS took some getting used to; however, the quality, ride, handling, looks and gas mileage make up for the car being smaller. I chose metallic red with black interior. The wood looks great with the black! I test drove the G35, 325i and TL, and the Lexus won in almost every category: looks, handling, gas mileage, comfort, least ride noise and the list goes on. My advice is to be very careful not to scratch the hood since it's aluminum. I'm single and the reduced back seat room is no problem. My IS is always getting looks on and off the road; I highly recommend it. It's muscular & sexy!

Wow my IS really rocks
By Happy IS Owner on 04/13/07 00:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my IS 250 AWD for about a month now. I thought I was compromising on performance when I made the practical move to go with the AWD of the 250 instead of the 350. I have not been disappointed in my decision at all. The 250 has ample get up and go, with great gas mileage. The handling is great as well, not to mention all of the cool gadgets and sound system. I've been throughly pleased everytime I get behind the wheel.

2007 Lexus IS 250
By Faith on 04/04/07 11:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was hesitant about this car after owning an SUV; it was rather small, but once I began driving it I loved it. I was also skeptical since my last luxury car was a BMW 5-series, but this car handles even better than my 528 and just a smooth a ride. It's been less than a month but so far so good. It looks great and definitely turns heads.

Incredibly fun ride!!
By K9Gal on 03/31/07 17:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Just purchased my Starfire Pearl in early March 2007 and it is beautiful. From the sleek lines down to the posh interior - as nice as my husband's GS 300!! The nav system is a nice touch and the rear backup camera is a must have as this vehicle does have some blind spots. The ride is smooth for a sports car and I felt the car abolutely gildes on the highway. It gets lots of second looks as the front end has such a presence as it approaches. The sound system is excellent - I love the iPod hook up. I have noticed the brake dust on the front wheels will be a continuous cleaning process but it is well worth it as this sports car is all luxury and pizazz!! Love it!

Near Perfection
By DJ on 03/26/07 12:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

After having multiple Lexuses, we choose this as the perfect car for our son as a graduation gift. The safety features are comforting for any parent of an 18 year old and the AWD was a necessity for the New England winter (the car has proven to be amazingly competant in snow, even compared to my GX 470 for so long as there is less than 5 or so inches). The ride and handling is on par with BMW and the maintenance, or lack thereof, is better than the similar contenders from BWM and Audi.The steering is not quite that of BMW, but the car makes up for that in every other aspect. If you are considering anything from BMW, Audi, and especially Mercedes, the IS 250 should be on your short list of contenders.

2007 Lexus IS 250
By Whitt on 02/20/07 10:36 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far the best car I have ever own or driven. IS stands for Intellegent Sport. And that is exactly what this car is. It is the most sophisticated sport car out there for under $35K. Also, IS has the highest safety rating of its class. That data was provided by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). If you just want a car for how it handles and speed, then I recommend the IS 350 or BMW 330 (for $40K+). But If you like all the options and great gas mileage (32 hwy mpg), then this car is you.

IS 250 - Great Car
By palermo22 on 02/15/07 17:01 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Not quite a sports car and not quite a luxury car - and not quite a family sedan - but it has a little of each (more luxury and more sports) - it has a refined look that takes you where you want to go in style with a sporty flare.

Feels much more expensive
By James on 02/15/07 09:26 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 2nd IS (had '03 IS 300) and I love it even more than my old one. The new IS feels much, much more expensive than my last one, and definitely more luxurious than other cars in its class. I think the car is gorgeous, and it stands out from all the boring cars on the road. I got mine a week ago in silver w/ black interior, and have already recieved so many compliments on the car. I especially love driving the car at night with the HID headlights and the Optitron gauges glowing that cool blue color. Lexus really went to bat with this one, and I couldn't be more pleased. If I had more money, I would've sprung for the 350, but I can't say that I'm really missing the extra horsepower :)

Flippin' Sweet Ride
By bigdaddypeso on 02/10/07 20:03 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bold. People can't take their eyes off of it. Awesome car. Great interior; nav is a must... gas mileage is solid.

Love my Lexus
By fsunole on 02/10/07 15:55 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus and what an impression it has made on me and everyone who has driven in it with me. Gorgeous car inside and out, a very smooth ride and gets a lot of looks. Lots of great standard features (keyless entry, leather seats, moonroof, auxilary port for iPod, etc.). As expected, the obisidian black exterior is difficult to keep clean but there's nothing like it after a wash and wax. If you want something lower-maintenance in that area, go for the Tungsten Pearl or Starfire Pearl. (This car looks hot in any color.) I opted for the 250 over the 350 for better gas mileage. Test drove the 350, though, and what a fun ride!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.