Used 2007 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Awesome
By Really great car!

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really like the ride. Reliability is really well and as a previous owner of a BMW I prefer a vehicle that is more reliable. Too many problems with BMW 328i. Great car in and out and the women love this car. Great nav, Bluetooth and rear camera is a must. Love the performance and the 1/2 second lag is not as bad as others say. Added a short air intake and feels more responsive. IS F-sport coming soon and looking forward to upgrading brakes all the way around. HID Xenon lights are wonderful and the ride is great and responsive. Again this is not a Cadillac itís a sports car!

Favorite Features

Love the interior leather, love the cluster and its white bright lights and they way the cluster shows you are going to redline. Have taken IS 250 to 140 MPH and handles like a champ! Love taking this car on the S curves on the weekends!

Suggested Improvements

Rear is high not good for backing up only does well when big trucks tailgate and blocks their headlights. Glad I have a rearview camera. Cup holder and the charger in the arm rest is set to high. Can't close the arm rest when charging iPod, I have to use the cigarette charger.

First (and probably last) Lexus
By WillnPS

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I shopped the IS with the A4 and the 3 Series. Didn't like the way both Germans' headrests actually touched back of my head in normal driving position. The Lexus trunk was wider, better able to take 2 golf bags. I really like the styling of the IS. The build quality is good but not great. My car did have the center dash/nav rattles that others complained of but my local dealer seemed to fix it. I am disappointed with the way the car drives. Mine has sport susp. and tires. Handling is great but the ride is too harsh. Sport tires VERY road-noisy. The steering is the major flaw. Very fast and tight, but no road feel or feedback. It feels "sticky" and "dead." Very strange. Brakes grabby.

Favorite Features

Great styling, good gas mileage (premium gas) comfortable front seats. Lexus service is first-class.

Suggested Improvements

More back seat room (and under-seat toe room!!) More attention to build quality/rattles. Better stereo. More steering feel, less road noise. Sexier engine note.

1 year review of Lexus IS 250. B+
By Barrysentials

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's been a year now since I bought my IS 250 and while it doesn't blow me away, I really do like the car. I had a rattle problem with my dash - it came from the center speaker. The dealer ended up replacing my whole top dash and now it's much quieter, but I'm also getting those loud pops that others are getting. I find the ride very bumpy on bad LA freeways. The suspension seems way too tight. Had a BMW 328i before, and while this doesn't handle as well of course, it has more interior comforts. I still love the styling and get lots of great comments. Gas mileage is perhaps better than stated. On smooth roads, fun to drive. For the $, it's still hard to beat, but I was expecting more.

Favorite Features

This car really is hot and sexy. Nice interior layout and features. Keyless entry is great. PG gas mileage for car class. Heated and cooled seats are great. Base stereo system is VG.

Suggested Improvements

Obvious build problem with rattles in dashboard, reported by many owners. Lexus dealer service is fair at best. Driver seat memory should be standard, but is only option at top level. Automatic heat/AC is a pain. Outside thermometer is off 10 degrees.

Love it, but could be better!
By Dave

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned the IS 250 AWD going on a year now, and I still love driving this car!! Performance is great and I find that the AWD version handles very well, and living in CT, the car has done well in the snow! For the money the 250 has many luxurious features, but does have a some flaws! I had to have the car seviced twice to try and fix the popping noise from the dashboard and the rattle from the sunroof. Dealership was great and had a fix for both issues. The others would be the jumpy transmission at low speeds, first and second gear and the lack of room in the back seat. Overall, the IS 250 has delivered and I'm very happy!

Favorite Features

AWD, heated and cooled seats, Interior design, exterior design (best in class), keyless entry/push start, audio system.

Suggested Improvements

More back seat room, fix the rattles in the interior, provide a better stock tire, folding seats.

Love My Lexus IS 250
By LAL

2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had no problems with lumpy seats or rattles, but have heard the pop noise coming from middle of dash; only happens once per trip. Heated/cooled seats are great; handles like on rails; plenty of punch, but wish the 350 came with AWD; has been great on snow and ice; ride a tad rough but an OK compromise for the handling; very quiet; love the LED interior lights; back seat is cramped, but front seat is fine for my 6'4" frame; averaging around 25 mpg; many more features and much more reasonable price than BMW or MB.

Favorite Features

seats, lighting, handling, reasonably priced compared to competitors

Suggested Improvements

better/bigger cupholders and console; better back seat accomodations; fold down rear seats