2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:
Love the AWD...still a little weird
By NanJoDeYea on 02/06/10 08:28 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my IS' performance but there are some really weird design flaws. Gripe no 1 is that if you open the doors or the trunk after a snow, then the design is such that the snow falls into the trunk or right onto the seats. And what's with all the lights coming on the dash periodically? I take it to the dealer and I get a different answer every time. Beautiful car and handles better than any car I've owned.

I LOVE My Lexus!
By Nessa on 11/10/09 19:44 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am 18 yrs old & got my Lexus as a graduation present. I absolutely LOVE it, no complaints at all, yes the backseat is a little small, but hey I'm not the one sitting back there. The brake dust is a bit much, but I just wash it off, simple as that! The design is wonderful & my baby is beautiful!

Nothing but problems
By DrATH on 08/28/09 07:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Well, I'm not satisfied at all. I bought a 2007 Lexus IS 18 months ago, and I took a chance on this because there is no local dealer (I live 2hrs away). Unfortunately, I've had nothing but problems with it. I've gone through 4 tires, breaks and a factory recall on the exhaust system, in that time. I've been to Springfield twice and to the Toyota dealership 5 times now. I bought a car almost brand new, I shouldn't had to bring it in. I brought my car in last week to get the breaks looked at the local Toyota place, and the rep told me I had another bad tire (#4), so I called Lexus and told them. When I purchased the car I got the tire warranty but they said they wouldn't pay for the tire...

Very Happy!
By Fritz on 06/15/09 15:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The car has almost 45,000 miles on it and I still love it. I previously owned an Audi A4 and this car is superior in every way. After the Audi, I could not imagine owning a car that was not AWD and was so happy that Lexus made the IS 250 AWD. I looked into the BMW 3 series and a new Audi A4 and concluded that the Lexus offered more for less. The car comes standard with many airbags, sun roof, excellent stereo, memory settings for both the driver and passenger seats, and superior leather quality. I opted for the luxury package and this car feels beyond luxury. The car is very sporty but a safe and solid ride. I have a long commute to work and am so happy every day that I have this car.

Still in love after 2 1/2 years
By Guam girl on 05/16/09 18:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

My baby gets 26-27 miles per gallon with premium gas. Had it for 2 years and still runs like brand new with routine oil changes. Everywhere I go, it still turns heads. A friend of mine bought one when he fell in love with mine. Here on Guam, the dealer provides free car washes, so the tire dust isn't an issue. The dealer said the dust is normal because the brake pads are softer than regular pads in order to help the car stop better at high speeds (my car can stop on a dime). A friend recommended replacing with ceramic brake pads when the time comes. So I'll be trying that to see if they work the same with less brake dust.

LEXUS IS 250 AWD 2007
By Lex on 04/26/09 11:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car is very nice, however, The interior is very cramped, the reason being the car was built very narrow, the same issue with the GS, although the GS has more head room than the IS. If you're driving alone the car's feel is a little better, but for the most part it's very cramped inside, the interior is built very solid, but there was rattling in the dash that was eventually fixed by the dealer. The front rims are always extremely dirty faulty break pad design? Not sure. Handling around tight corners is OK but not great.

Love my IS
By Sharon on 04/08/09 06:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Totally fun ride with awesome factory sound system. Previously drove an 03 Celica that I loved and was hard to get rid of but, this car is like the Luxury Celica (Handling and reliability if the Celica with a little more room and luxury) and I love it!!

Overall, I like the IS 250 AWD
By Gordon on 03/01/09 06:29 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

For a 6 cyl car, gas mileage is terrific. Very comfortable, especially the adjustable heated and cooled seats. I don't drink coffee in the car, so cup holders are not an issue, however I definitely would like to see a decent coin holder. My IS 250 now has 12,000 miles on it and the dash sounds like it is going to fall off in my lap. The squeaks and rattles in the dash are very, very annoying and not expected in a vehicle of this supposed quality. Overall, I do like the car, however I don't expect that I will keep it the 3 years I initially thought I would when I bought it.

The Car to Have
By s. Watts on 02/11/09 15:47 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in a 2003 Infiniti G35 and was kinda of sick at first but as I drove the 250 even more it was awesome. The only gripes I have had about it is they have 18 inch low profile tires on them and after 15000 miles I had to have a new set of tires. They should have gotten at least 30000 miles before a new set, and the brake dust on the front is horrible. It needs a little more room in the back seat. I have owned BMW, Infiniti, Acura, Maxima and Hondas. This is one of the best driving cars I have ever drove. Very tight steeringm can hang a curve and has a lot of get up and go too. I have 3 speeding tickets to prove it!

Best sports sedan!
By jessica adams on 02/03/09 18:23 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus IS 250 Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I searched for months for the perfect car. I wanted a small, good looking, luxury sports car that was safe, reliable, decent gas mileage, and had a good smooth drive. I am so happy with this car. The Lexus definitely drives the best of all cars I have owned (including Mercedes and BMW).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.