1 year review of Lexus IS 250. B+
By Barrysentials on
2007 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6A)
It's been a year now since I bought my IS 250 and while it doesn't blow me away, I really do like the car. I had a rattle problem with my dash - it came from the center speaker. The dealer ended up replacing my whole top dash and now it's much quieter, but I'm also getting those loud pops that others are getting. I find the ride very bumpy on bad LA freeways. The suspension seems way too tight. Had a BMW 328i before, and while this doesn't handle as well of course, it has more interior comforts. I still love the styling and get lots of great comments. Gas mileage is perhaps better than stated. On smooth roads, fun to drive. For the $, it's still hard to beat, but I was expecting more.
Favorite Features
This car really is hot and sexy. Nice interior layout and features. Keyless entry is great. PG gas mileage for car class. Heated and cooled seats are great. Base stereo system is VG.
Suggested Improvements
Obvious build problem with rattles in dashboard, reported by many owners. Lexus dealer service is fair at best. Driver seat memory should be standard, but is only option at top level. Automatic heat/AC is a pain. Outside thermometer is off 10 degrees.